Chris Evans for Top Gear?

Pah, more like reverse gear. Can't stand the bloke. Ah well, there might be something decentbon another channel.

Is he going to be the next host??? I really hope not!

Was reading the original 3 are in talks with Netflix of all people. :S

I've never forgiven the carrot-topped prat for kicking Terry Wogan off the morning BBC2 radio show. Then again, I didn't like him much before that either.

How long before he fails to turn up for work, because he's been drinking all day?

I've come to the conclusion the producers want to destroy the top gear show in an act of revenge.

Been confirmed today that he is, as much as i don't like Top Gear..feel sorry for the fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33158464

Oh dear, that is a blow.

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 20:44 ----------

I've never forgiven the carrot-topped prat for kicking Terry Wogan off the morning BBC2 radio show. Then again, I didn't like him much before that either.

How long before he fails to turn up for work, because he's been drinking all day?

I've come to the conclusion the producers want to destroy the top gear show in an act of revenge.

It appears more and more and more like this is what they are trying to do.

I read the other day that Philip Glenister was a potential presenter in the new line up too. 8|

well, I don't think i'll be watching it after the final Clarkson one...

i'll wait until Netflix sorts out a deal with them all and does their own thing....

I read the other day that Philip Glenister was a potential presenter in the new line up too. 8|

oh yeah, philip wotsisname, he starred in that film, didn't he, that film about, er, that thing.

Guy Martin, Jodie Kidd and Chris Evans I reckon. Then Top Gear gets cancelled as viewing figures fall badly.

I can see a Clarkson, May and Hammond show being on Netflix, more money and more creative freedom.

Guy Martin, Jodie Kidd and Chris Evans I reckon. Then Top Gear gets cancelled as viewing figures fall badly.

I say we should bring back the 1990s dream team of Quentin Wilson, Tiff Needell (sp?) and that bloke with a beard, when they mostly tested cars ordinary people could afford, and exotic supercars like the McLaren F1 were an occasional treat.

I can see a Clarkson, May and Hammond show being on Netflix, more money and more creative freedom.

Yes, and more childish insults, and more drunken behaviour from leading to even more punch ups.

I can't wait. Really.

I say we should bring back the 1990s dream team of Quentin Wilson, Tiff Needell (sp?) and that bloke with a beard, when they mostly tested cars ordinary people could afford, and exotic supercars like the McLaren F1 were an occasional treat.

.....and viewers figures stagnated at less than 3 million.

Car reviews by experts for the ordinary people died a death *see 5th gear.

There are far far better services providing such information on line. The brilliant carbuyer.com for a start.

Clarksonesque TG was a entertainment show. Its was the stunt filled, comedic some would say slapstick programme which was more about the gimmicks and less about the cars.

What happened? Viewing figures rocketed and it became one of the BBC biggest cash cows, not only in the UK but across BBC Worldwide.

The BBC should have had a bit of dignity and let it die with the departure of the three hosts. They just wont admit that its gone. No matter who the respawn it with and no matter what "traditional" format they try to do its never ever going to reach the Peaks that Clarkson & Co brought.

Cant wait for the Netflix version. Free from BBC shackles and PC editorials.

I'm not a Chris Evans fan. However, I'll give it a go. It probably needs a bit of a shake up anyway.

Like Bladesman said earlier, I would have liked to see Guy Martin. I like him, but perhaps more like Evans.