Amey street lights

I am sorry if this subject has previously been covered, but I need help. The new street lights replacing the old ones that are being rolled out in Sheffield, they are terrific, when lit, are more efficient and will save all us tax payers money. But what if the new lamps come on at dusk but go off again after 30 minutes? and don`t come on again until dusk the following night when the saga is repeated, we are in darkness.

The help line is rubbish I have phoned them 5 or six times, no joy, just a reference number. The online reporting is not possible, the site is down, and has been for weeks.

I have contacted our local councillor who is hopeless.

I live in S20. Any ideas anyone?

Can I recommend that when you get through to the council you ask to be connected to the Amey side and report the issue directly to them? The council side is all very well, but when I've had issues about coordination with the stuff going on in our street the information that's actually reached Amey has been rather garbled or incomplete (I checked with the person who was supposed to have received the message, and what they received was nothing like what I'd said).

Can I recommend that when you get through to the council you ask to be connected to the Amey side and report the issue directly to them? The council side is all very well, but when I've had issues about coordination with the stuff going on in our street the information that's actually reached Amey has been rather garbled or incomplete (I checked with the person who was supposed to have received the message, and what they received was nothing like what I'd said).

Thanks, I have spoke to Amey, they are hopeless, they have a problem with the sensors on the new lamps but will not admit it. I am sure it`s a finance issue that they will not resolve until the next budget money is released, we are saddled with these cowboys for 25 years. Who signed the deal? hang your head in shame.

As was mentioned in another thread by Chap BLADE

My understanding having spoken to Amey is that they are experiencing problems with the computerised system that manages the switching and they are working to resolve it.

I can't see it being a finance issue as they get fined by SCC for lights not working correctly after 9 days

If the problems in s21 area anything like the ones linking s21 to s21,they will be working on them.They were working on those for months.

Those at Halfway had never been connected to a metered power supply, they had mulitple power supplies to connect,problems with linking to the street lights themselves and to the controllers.

BUT they got there in the end.

Fix my street only forwards reports in the form of a weblink to the streets ahead in box. It is then queued in the inbox, picked up and then logged on the same system as if you phoned in. Online reporting is very hit and miss IME. I would email [email protected] and ask for an explanation quoting one or more of your job numbers.

They need to bring back those guys from Victorian times that lit and snuffed out the lights, those long sticks they use would be perfect to poke the pigeons that will nest or roost on the nice flat warm platforms provided for them.

Fix my street only forwards reports in the form of a weblink to the streets ahead in box. It is then queued in the inbox, picked up and then logged on the same system as if you phoned in. Online reporting is very hit and miss IME. I would email [email protected] and ask for an explanation quoting one or more of your job numbers.

The Streets ahead email,,,,, is dead,,,, bit like their lack of sorting out any street lighting issues

To report a faulty street light or lights go to; https://service.sheffield.gov.uk/selfservice/L05_Portal.html?formname=PFI_SLSV4

A section of lights on our road was reported on the 13th and has still to be fixed. By entering details on this linked form it tells me at least 2 people have already reported it.

In this case I'm sure it's the underground wiring which always takes longer to remedy.