Anyone had experience with BiG?

Can I add to what James@WLS has said, the buddying or mentoring opportunities that the Entrepreneurs Exchange provide(one of the Big projects) are most definitely open to a wider range of individuals than just pre starts. I wont lie, we do of course have targets to meet but these include, pre start, start up and existing business plus the Entrepreneurs Networking club is all about collaboration and interaction between more established business people in Sheffield mentoring each other and helping business development overall in Sheffield

They just gave their experience, and yes they didn't get anywhere and judging by their comments not surprised if they are peeved off, You don't need to be an ex employee or not qualify for funding to still be peeved by the level of service you got. I understand completely what they are saying and it can and does happen, no point pretending everything is always perfect. What they have said isnt a pack of lies its factual and the other is their own experience.

:rolleyes:the biz

as all 6 of your posts are directed at this one person I find it a tad fishy too ;)

To Peapodd, sorry for my original comments, I have now started looking into the BIG programme, it would appear you are quite right one or two good people, some dazzling ideas on how to run a business! the problem is a couple of comments on here does not give much of a shake. The main problem seems to be, it is alot easier to spend a pot of money than it is to make one. And it is public sector so a lot of hoops to jump through and these hoops change when funders change. Please keep informed of your progress.

The Biz

as all 6 of your posts are directed at this one person I find it a tad fishy too ;)

replied to 3 people inc yourself! :|

thebiz

yeah, that's what I said, all related to same thing ;)

yeah, that's what I said, all related to same thing ;)

It just so happened to be the first subject i saw after joining the forum, i should have looked into it more before passing a comment!

Sorry i made the comments, but why are you so upset by them, they not directed at you! The subject matter is of interest to me as i have been invited to work for them, and i am giving it consideration, but when i hear some neg thoughts i wanted to know more!;)

thebiz

oh well, all you needed to do instead was ask.

Job offered at BiG or SENTA?

pretty hopeless.

Went in to see an advisor 4 months ago. Have been in several times since, plus once to see a web developer. As well as 3 meetings with web designers to give 3 quotes fo the grant. I've no idea of the outcome of the meeting and my 'business plan' has been resubmitted several times. Still waiting for a decision about a microgrant. I've been told it will be another 4 weeks - that will mean I've been waiting for 5 months.

Had a call this morning from someone asking for information I've given them months ago. Doesn't seem to be a lot of communication happening. I've now emailed the line producer to complain about the amount of time and energy I've wasted.

I wish I'd just started up when I had the idea. I think the whole thing is a farce.

pretty hopeless.

Went in to see an advisor 4 months ago. Have been in several times since, plus once to see a web developer. As well as 3 meetings with web designers to give 3 quotes fo the grant. I've no idea of the outcome of the meeting and my 'business plan' has been resubmitted several times. Still waiting for a decision about a microgrant. I've been told it will be another 4 weeks - that will mean I've been waiting for 5 months.

Had a call this morning from someone asking for information I've given them months ago. Doesn't seem to be a lot of communication happening. I've now emailed the line producer to complain about the amount of time and energy I've wasted.

I wish I'd just started up when I had the idea. I think the whole thing is a farce.

I had already contacted Senta when I contacted BIG. Senta weren't must help so I had hopes for BIG.

2 weeks after initial enquiry I got a phone message on Friday afternoon around 3pm (I was not around):

'Can you call me back today, otherwise I'm off for 2 weeks'

Called back at the start of the next week, asked if there was anyone else I could speak to. Booked in to see someone.

End up back at Senta! Same place. The advisors seems to jump between the two.

I was told that my website needed a health check, and that someone could look at it but I had to book an appointment. No doubt that person would find some problems and give me a quote for a brand new website. Was also told to complete a business plan, to which I said I didn't actually think there was much point as I knew exactly what I needed to do with the business - hence coming to BIG.

Overall - a complete waste of time. Another one to add to my list - Inspiral, Senta, Big.

at least I never gave them any money! Line producer is upset at my opinion of SENTA and is chasing up the delay.