Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

All the beggars I've seen in Sheffield have mobile phones. How can they afford these if they have no money ? :huh:

This is the same false argument as 'why do unemployed people have flat screen TVs?'. They either had them when they were employed and housed, or else they're really cheap second hand things. They won't be spending vast amounts of money on them, that's for sure. And is it just 'beggars', or are you just tarring all homeless people with that brush?

And is it just 'beggars', or are you just tarring all homeless people with that brush?

I'm sure the post from pattricia stated beggars, yep just had another read of it..

This is the same false argument as 'why do unemployed people have flat screen TVs?'. They either had them when they were employed and housed, or else they're really cheap second hand things. They won't be spending vast amounts of money on them, that's for sure. And is it just 'beggars', or are you just tarring all homeless people with that brush?

Your comparison is ridiculous. !

They interviewed a beggar in Leicester yesterday,he complained he doesn't EARN enough some times to meet his needs and life's hard for him,what does the guy want?

I think I can say that without doubt the guys passing themselves off as homeless by begging on West St outside Tesco, particularly at night time, are not homeless at all, mostly they live around the corner on Victoria St.

There are genuinely homeless people in the city centre, but they don't tend to gather on West St. I see them more around the edges of the city centre, and have nothing to do with the West St mob.

But then I know of at least one homeless person in the city centre who has ben offered a council home but refused it. So make of that what you will.

I think I can say that without doubt the guys passing themselves off as homeless by begging on West St outside Tesco, particularly at night time, are not homeless at all, mostly they live around the corner on Victoria St.

There are genuinely homeless people in the city centre, but they don't tend to gather on West St. I see them more around the edges of the city centre, and have nothing to do with the West St mob.

But then I know of at least one homeless person in the city centre who has ben offered a council home but refused it. So make of that what you will.

Trust me, I have seen it first hand, a lot of genuine homeless people have too much pride to beg, some actually refuse charity, welfare and handouts, for that reason. Also quite a few are mentally ill, and will accept a meal at a shelter, but have little use for money. The ones who are in your face begging for money are hustlers and should be ignored.

They are all over London road Eastern European I thought begging was illegal cant they be moved off the streets...probably too much cost and hassle to the council/police

Has anything changed in the last twelve months? Has the problem gone away while I wasn't looking?

No, i'ts got worse and will continue to do so until something is done.

Just some of the help in Sheffield.

http://www.archerproject.org.uk/about.php

http://www.stwilfridscentre.org/who-and-how-we-help/index

http://www.roundabouthomeless.org

https://www.syha.co.uk/livewell/homeless-people

https://www.emmaus.org.uk/sheffield

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/housing/help-for-rough-sleepers

the police couldnt care less,i see them on west st talking to the beggers, then they just get back in there cars and drive off,and the scroungers are still plying there trade.

Have witnessed it many times on West Street the beggars asking for money one minute and the next either buying drugs or buying cheap booze from the 24 hour off licences (would guess thats where a lot of their business comes from)If you give money to beggars round there thats almost certainly where its going which is not helping anyone including themselves.

Much better the give to the charities mentioned or big issue sellers.

A reminder that many homeless cannot access much of this, due to the bureaucracy involved and the fact that many homeless are, for example, on the autistic spectrum.

In effect, the caring general public are placated by the fact that help is available, while, in reality, that help is not accessible by a large portion of the homeless.

Well treat it seriously through the proper channels.

---------- Post added 19-08-2017 at 22:58 ----------

These poor beggars deserve better than comments.

Proper channels ? Whatever do you mean ? :suspect: