Cameras To Be Installed In All Slaughterhouses

The point is there have been reports of too low a voltage being used when the animals are stunned which results in the animals being aware of whats going on and waking during the slaughter.

http://scotlandforanimals.org/not-racist-just-against-unstunned-slaughter/

---------- Post added 16-08-2017 at 16:32 ----------

I just think anyone who can treat animals that way, as one of the horrific videos in the telegraph article shows, shows some sort of desensitisation to the suffering the animals are going through, studies have shown a link between animal cruelty and human violence, its not rocket science.

---------- Post added 16-08-2017 at 16:37 ----------

here's the link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shopping-and-consumer-news/11384505/Secret-halal-slaughterhouse-film-reveals-horrific-animal-abuse.html

Edited by crazybaby
link

it's cruel to kill an animal without stunning them, well yes

Well, no. An animal is rendered unconscious as soon as its throat is slit. Electric stunning often fails and that's a major cause of pain.

Consider paper cuts. Photocopier paper is notorious sharp-edged, as anyone using a copier knows. The paper is way blunter than knives used by trained abattoir workers.

The real problem is ensuring that such workers do their job properly and without causing pain to the animal.

Well, no. An animal is rendered unconscious as soon as its throat is slit. Electric stunning often fails and that's a major cause of pain.

Consider paper cuts. Photocopier paper is notorious sharp-edged, as anyone using a copier knows. The paper is way blunter than knives used by trained abattoir workers.

The real problem is ensuring that such workers do their job properly and without causing pain to the animal.

Valid point, but you managed to quote one small part of my entire reply which kinda lost it's meaning.

If you stunned your dog with a bolt and then cut it's throat, which is the way almost all slaughter is done in the UK, with or without prayers you'd also likely be under arrest. Our animal cruelty laws are a little bit hypocritical.

It is not illegal humanely kill your own dog.

Hope they are installed this coming week. At last there would be irrefutable proof that Halal and Shechitah are both disgusting acts of barbaric animal cruelty. It will also monitor all the slaughter methods, so it's a win win situation.

Angel1.

Couldnt agree more mate.

Hope they are installed this coming week. At last there would be irrefutable proof that Halal and Shechitah are both disgusting acts of barbaric animal cruelty. It will also monitor all the slaughter methods, so it's a win win situation.

Angel1.

Couldnt agree more mate.

Rather: "...evidence as to who is acting unlawfully by committing acts of barbaric animal cruelty contrary to their own religious dictates."

Rather: "...evidence as to who is acting unlawfully by committing acts of barbaric animal cruelty contrary to their own religious dictates."

That is the problem, two "religions" dictate a method of slaughter which by our standards is abhorrent. If the installation of cameras also provides evidence that other "crimes" against animals are been perpetrated, then it's a win win situation.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 18-08-2017 at 16:02 ----------

Sorry, complete and utter rubbish. If you comment at least get your facts basically right.

" Vets say unstunned cattle take about 20 seconds (but up to 2 minutes) to lose consciousness, sheep six or seven seconds (but up to 20) and poultry seven or eight seconds, but all these times can be far longer.

Some European countries, most recently Denmark, have banned slaughter without pre-stunning. The RSPCA and British Veterinary Association are among the groups calling for an end to slaughter without pre-stunning – a move that would mean an end to religious exemptions from European and UK legislation on this element of slaughtering, and also, say campaigners, an end to unnecessary suffering."

Angel1.

That is the problem, two "religions" dictate a method of slaughter which by our standards is abhorrent. If the installation of cameras also provides evidence that other "crimes" against animals are been perpetrated, then it's a win win situation.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 18-08-2017 at 16:02 ----------

Sorry, complete and utter rubbish. If you comment at least get your facts basically right.

" Vets say unstunned cattle take about 20 seconds (but up to 2 minutes) to lose consciousness, sheep six or seven seconds (but up to 20) and poultry seven or eight seconds, but all these times can be far longer.

Some European countries, most recently Denmark, have banned slaughter without pre-stunning. The RSPCA and British Veterinary Association are among the groups calling for an end to slaughter without pre-stunning – a move that would mean an end to religious exemptions from European and UK legislation on this element of slaughtering, and also, say campaigners, an end to unnecessary suffering."

Angel1.

You need to get your facts right before saying others need to...:rolleyes:

Can I ask which facts from Angelfire were incorrect?

The majority of that comment was a quote from a Guardian article. Whilst that of course doesn't mean what it stated is irrefutable, a quick google search confirms that unstunned cattle, killed in the halal or kosher methods (and when a good cutting technique is used), is between 17-85 seconds, with some taking over 6 minutes (Blackmore, 1984).

Which of the facts are not factual?. I await your response. It's no good posting the above without some explanation. I stand 100% behind my posts on this vile activity.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 21-08-2017 at 11:35 ----------

Originally Posted by mafya View Post

You need to get your facts right before saying others need to...

Which of the facts are not factual?. I await your response. It's no good posting the above without some explanation. I stand 100% behind my posts on this vile activity.

Angel1.

Well here we are three days later and still no reply from mafya. Still waiting to see which of my facts are not factual.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 21-08-2017 at 19:58 ----------

Still waiting for a response.

Angel1

---------- Post added 22-08-2017 at 09:09 ----------

Still waiting for your response mafya.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 23-08-2017 at 14:24 ----------

Looks like this answer is taking some finding, I am enjoying the wait.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 24-08-2017 at 22:23 ----------

Looks like no reply will be forthcoming, makes me wonder why.

Angel1

Edited by ANGELFIRE1