'Absolutely scandalous' charity

If we believe if right to regulate the pay of charity bosses, then perhaps we should regulate the pay of FTSE250 companies, visa versa?

No. The former are funded by donors. The latter are funded by customers' trading.

So "we" have no stake in the latter's salaries, unless we're shareholders.

No. The former are funded by donors. The latter are funded by customers' trading.

So "we" have no stake in the latter's salaries, unless we're shareholders.

It is even more than that - The donors to charity expect their money to be used toward directly supporting the activities the charity purport to carry out.

If the shareholders of a FTSE company decide the CEO is ineffective he will indeed receive a pay correction, often by being shown the way out of the building.

I look charities up for this reason:

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/showcharity/registerofcharities/RegisterHomePage.aspx

there should be accounts online and you can search keywords.

I choose my charities- small and local benefit from what I have to give generally now (sheff hospitals too)as whilst workers need a living wage I resent my hard earned donation paying for a fat cats lifestyle.

I will also challenge collectors about the work their charity does if appropriate.

This article is about four charities who are taking a man to high court for an estate valued at £340,000. The lady had made a Will leaving her estate to Dogs Trust, World Animal Protection, Friends Of The Animals and Heart Research UK. She later made a new, but home made and witnessed Will, leaving everything to her partner of five years in order for him to provide a home for her three beloved dogs. The charities are contesting the second Will and presumably the man and dogs will be homeless if they win.

The RSPCA lost a huge amount of money contesting this Will in 2010. Three charities won this case but how much was left after paying the legal fees is open to question. It is a matter of opinion whether this is a good use of the money given to them from well meaning donors. To avoid this sort of thing, if anyone wants to leave money to charity in their Will it is probably better to leave a set amount.

It seems most of people who run charities don't seem to know what they are doing when it comes to giving it out but know how to pay themselves good salaries,wasn't Joe Coxes husband involved in one which got hushed when she was murdered.

Brendan Cox resigned from Save the Children after accusations of inappropriate behaviour were received from female members of staff, though he denied any wrongdoing.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2015/nov/02/turbulence-at-save-the-children-share-your-stories-of-working-for-the-ngo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3298572/New-charity-scandal-Save-Children-executive-quits-women-s-complaints-inappropriate-behaviour.html

This article[/url] is about four charities who are taking a man to high court for an estate valued at £340,000. The lady had made a Will leaving her estate to Dogs Trust, World Animal Protection, Friends Of The Animals and Heart Research UK. She later made a new, but home made and witnessed Will, leaving everything to her partner of five years in order for him to provide a home for her three beloved dogs. The charities are contesting the second Will and presumably the man and dogs will be homeless if they win.

He doesn't sound like a sound fellow, if he did not have the money the dogs would go into a shelter.

Would you resign if you had done nothing wrong?

Would you resign if you had done nothing wrong?

Maybe yes, if advantageous severance terms were negotiated.

Maybe yes, if advantageous severance terms were negotiated.

I see Brendan Cox has set up another,he knows where he can make a good living from.

I see Brendan Cox has set up another,he knows where he can make a good living from.

Nasty slur there. Well done.

There are far too many charities doing the same thing. If they banded together they could save a fortune in terms of administrative costs.