Britains Greatest Invention BBC 2

This looks good on BBC 2 at 8:30PM looks back at our greatest inventions and reveals our best

This looks good on BBC 2 at 8:30PM looks back at our greatest inventions and reveals our best

They did that over here in Canada 2 or3 years ago. ,The number one was Insulin followed by the Telephone. Wonder what will be Britain's number one. There will be plenty to go at, but the Internet will be right up there.

I turned on to see that Len Goodman bloke (strictly tedious), talking to an engineer at a power company about a generator they have that creates electricity from steam by burning scrap wood.

'So, without this generator, we wouldn't have the light bulb?' he said … I turned off. :loopy:

I'm sure the Beeb could find people who know what they're talking about if they tried a bit.

They did that over here in Canada 2 or3 years ago. ,The number one was Insulin followed by the Telephone. Wonder what will be Britain's number one. There will be plenty to go at, but the Internet will be right up there.

I accept that insulin was discovered/invented by a Canadian but how does the telephone get included?

The telephone was invented by an Italian Antonio Meucci, and his invention was then stolen by the duplicitous Alexander Graham Bell who was a Scot.

I accept that insulin was discovered/invented by a Canadian but how does the telephone get included?

The telephone was invented by an Italian Antonio Meucci, and his invention was then stolen by the duplicitous Alexander Graham Bell who was a Scot.

Bell was born in Scotland but his invention was made in Canada. I have visited the house where he did all his experiments and lived. The house is in Brantford, Ontario bordering the 6 nations Mohawk reserves on the Grand River. My youngest daughter lived within half mile of his place for 5 years. Used to pass it every time we visited

Bell was born in Scotland but his invention was made in Canada. I have visited the house where he did all his experiments and lived. The house is in Brantford, Ontario bordering the 6 nations Mohawk reserves on the Grand River. My youngest daughter lived within half mile of his place for 5 years. Used to pass it every time we visited

Well you need to hush up the Canadian connection because Bell was a thief who stole another mans invention.

Bell worked in the New York patents office and saw Antonio Meucci's idea.

This has been recognised by the US Congress.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi65K2GlcLUAhWGOxQKHZS3CdQQFghOMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2F2002%2Fjun%2F17%2Fhumanities.internationaleducationnews&usg=AFQjCNFifdCxkfhU6o21mcuA8gHvuLYSIQ

Give him back to Scotland and go with maple syrup as the replacement invention would be my advice! :)

Another waste of tax payers money by the BBC.

Lets rip off the british public by getting them to pay high premium telephone calls just to vote for our greatest inventions..

This is the trend now with all TV companies, lets make cheap programs earn loads of money to get viewers to ring in on high rate phone calls.

Do something useful, get out and enjoy life....LOL

Another waste of tax payers money by the BBC.

Lets rip off the british public by getting them to pay high premium telephone calls just to vote for our greatest inventions..

This is the trend now with all TV companies, lets make cheap programs earn loads of money to get viewers to ring in on high rate phone calls.

Do something useful, get out and enjoy life....LOL

Or why not just watch it without phoning in.