What was your favourite public information film

Here's a good one....Rolf Harris teaching kids to swim

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1964to1979/filmpage_youngsters.htm

Not quite so innocent now we know what Rolf was up to!

why dont we see them anymore?

We were on about them at work today. I always remember that one about the woman who kept piling her husband or son's plate piled high with unhealthy foods. Did she keep saying "course you can Malcolm", (presumably after him whining that he couldn't eat anymore)?

I think we should bring them back warning today's kiddywinks of the dangers of groomers (online and street ones), those who would seek to radicalise youngsters, the dangers of eating too many sweets, and 1970s celebrities.

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 20:54 ----------

Bedtime routine is on this link:

http://625.uk.com/pifs/library.htm

Yep I always remember that one too!

OMG - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otXIaIxkWTI :o

Edited by Mister M

...Did she keep saying "course you can Malcolm", (presumably after him whining that he couldn't eat anymore)?

That was for Vicks Sinex, so not a public information film. Originally run in the 70s, I think, and reshot with different actors in the 90s.

It went something like:

Teenage Malcolm, with a bunged up nose, setting off for school: Oh Bum [Mum]! I can't take my exams blocked up like this.

Mum: Of course you can Malcolm, try this. [Hands him nasal spray]

Malcolm: Vicks Sinex? I'll take it along.

Mum: You shouldn't need to. It lasts up to 8 hours.

And then cut to when Malcolm comes home after school and says he didn't need it after the first spray.

That was for Vicks Sinex, so not a public information film. Originally run in the 70s, I think, and reshot with different actors in the 90s.

It went something like:

Teenage Malcolm, with a bunged up nose, setting off for school: Oh Bum [Mum]! I can't take my exams blocked up like this.

Mum: Of course you can Malcolm, try this. [Hands him nasal spray]

Malcolm: Vicks Sinex? I'll take it along.

Mum: You shouldn't need to. It lasts up to 8 hours.

And then cut to when Malcolm comes home after school and says he didn't need it after the first spray.

Aah, that does ring a bell now you mention it, Thanks! - Don't know why I got it confused with an old PIF....

The memory of that has been curled up undisturbed in my brain since I was about seven, and there it was, perfectly formed, all these years later.

I have a briilliant DVD that contains all the Classic COI films and some that aren't.

As for the best one I think Rolf Harris teaching kids to swim.. No wait .. Jimmy Saville teaching us about seatbelts...No wait,I give up!!