New Star Wars Film.

Prequel trilogy and original trilogy?

Thanks mate :D

Finally got round to seeing this today.

I like rather than love the original three films - A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are the strongest with Return Of The Jedi unfortunately trying to crowbar cuddly toys onto shop shelves with the inclusion of the Ewoks taking the edge of it.

The prequels were highly anticipated, what could be done with the SW universe with the advances in technology - well what we got was an overly CGI reliant and overly complex mess (plotlines about taxation!!!) with the odd decent scene (pod race etc). I think these films will be largely forgotton in years to come.

Onto the Disney backed re-boot, I had reservations about Abrams as director as some of his previous works has flattered to deceive (Lost, Cloverfield, Mission Impossible) although his Star Trek films were pretty good and this fortunately follows that path, the film looks amazing and is worth seeing on IMAX if you get the chance, the depth and detail is fantastic, the film is also very enjoyable with the new charaters blending with the old and seemingly leaving the franchise in good hands, I look forward to Episode VIII.

Finally got round to seeing this today.

I like rather than love the original three films - A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are the strongest with Return Of The Jedi unfortunately trying to crowbar cuddly toys onto shop shelves with the inclusion of the Ewoks taking the edge of it.

The prequels were highly anticipated, what could be done with the SW universe with the advances in technology - well what we got was an overly CGI reliant and overly complex mess (plotlines about taxation!!!) with the odd decent scene (pod race etc). I think these films will be largely forgotton in years to come.

Onto the Disney backed re-boot, I had reservations about Abrams as director as some of his previous works has flattered to deceive (Lost, Cloverfield, Mission Impossible) although his Star Trek films were pretty good and this fortunately follows that path, the film looks amazing and is worth seeing on IMAX if you get the chance, the depth and detail is fantastic, the film is also very enjoyable with the new charaters blending with the old and seemingly leaving the franchise in good hands, I look forward to Episode VIII.

Abrams isn't direct any more Star Wars Movies.

Abrams isn't direct any more Star Wars Movies.

Damn. And I was so looking forward to Star Wars 8: The Wrath Of Khan.

I know what you mean.

It was a good film, but I am a little disappointed. I was expecting the next movie in the saga not a reboot of Episode 4. If only the trailers wasn't so good, I wouldn't have been sucked in so much.

To be fair I think he's far more suited to Star Wars than Star Trek.

His Star Trek films have a feel much closer to Star Wars in tone and substance than any incarnation of Star Trek imo.

Star Wars is supposed to be a fun silly action film in space, Star Trek's supposed to have some actual sci fi in it. Now though they're both just fun silly action films in space, it's a shame.

Star Wars is supposed to be a fun silly action film in space, Star Trek's supposed to have some actual sci fi in it. Now though they're both just fun silly action films in space, it's a shame.

I agree. Other than effects there seems to be no boundaries being pushed, the films almost do the thinking for you, it's like being spoon fed Alton Towers. Considering the vast budget you'd have thought SF originality would have been at the forefront. Re-casting Harrison Ford for me pretty much laid out what the film was going to do. Fun maybe, but I can get that watching Morecambe and Wise or Big Bang re-runs.

I heard it was supposed to SYNC with wizard of oz,not star wars!