The Jump. What a stupid program.

I've just heard that Linford Christie is the fifth celebrity to pull out of the program due to injury sustained during filming.

What sort of madness was it to have untrained folk ski jumping? Some of these folk are no longer in their prime.

I've just heard that Linford Christie is the fifth celebrity to pull out of the program due to injury sustained during filming.

What sort of madness was it to have untrained folk ski jumping? Some of these folk are no longer in their prime.

I agree with you ! This is the third year of The Jump and celebrities have been injured every year.

Knowing that celebrities who are desperate for fame have real risk of breaking their backs makes me want to watch this show now. I have this vision that it's going to be like Arnold Schwarzenegger's 1980s movie - the Running Man

Knowing that celebrities who are desperate for fame have real risk of breaking their backs makes me want to watch this show now. I have this vision that it's going to be like Arnold Schwarzenegger's 1980s movie - the Running Man

Now that'd I'd stay in on a Friday night to see! Celebrity Running Man. Awesome. Clearly without real chainsaws. That's too far.

Honestly the way Light Entertainment shows are going/have already gone that would not surprise me in the slightest. And the sad thing is the majority of people lap this dross up.

Honestly the way Light Entertainment shows are going/have already gone that would not surprise me in the slightest. And the sad thing is the majority of people lap this dross up.

Actually, a mash-up of Death Race 2000 and The Running Man using the contestants from Dragon's Den and the collection of demon spawn from Keeping Up With the Kadashians really would be a thing of beauty.

I suppose if folks are happy to see the budget spent on compensation and negligence claims that's fine. It just means there is rather less left for making actual programs.

I suppose if folks are happy to see the budget spent on compensation and negligence claims that's fine. It just means there is rather less left for making actual programs.

I'd have hoped even channel 4 has the foresight to get some insurance cover for such a venture.

I'd have hoped even channel 4 has the foresight to get some insurance cover for such a venture.

Try getting motor insurance for a leaner driver who's had 5 accidents in a month and wants to drive a Mclaren.

Try getting motor insurance for a leaner driver who's had 5 accidents in a month and wants to drive a Mclaren.

We aren't talking motor insurance we're talking liability insurance I'm guessing. Different things altogether.

We aren't talking motor insurance we're talking liability insurance I'm guessing. Different things altogether.

The general idea of providing insurance is that you expect to take in more in premiums than you pay out in claims. Which is why if you go on holiday and go skiing your policy costs rather more than if you are going to lie on a beach. The risks of going ski jumping are extremely high, so insurance for that, bobsleighing, motor racing, wing walking and motorcycle trick jumping tend to be unubtainable, particularly for amateurs.

Edited by foxy lady

Mr Bean, I assume, lol