Wages just dont cut it anymore?

Wages may or may not have kept up with inflation over the last 10 years but that doesnt mean we arent a LOT worse off.

We're a lot worse off because one off costs like car insurance doubles. That could be £500 straight out of your disposable income you have to find. Not many people have £500 left over at the end of the average month.

Energy bills creep up and extra couple of hundred quid each year.

Some scrote kicks your wing mirror off. Thats £500

Petrol goes up. Extra £100

Train fares up 5% - extra £100

All these extra few hundred quids were what you enjoyed spending last year, but this year they aint there anymore.

Do you feel like things are getting tighter despite your earnings increasing each year / not having gone down? People are just about hanging on at the moment. Just wait untill the interest rates go up and your mortgage doubles. That will be when the next housing crisis starts as everybody downgrades.

We're doomed. DOOMED I TELL YOU :gag:

We are all in it together.

Remember that.

I'm Afraid that's why so many shops are closing down, look at all the things you mention, Car insurance, Energy, Fuel, Train tickets, Bus fares, parking, these are all going up at an alarming rate. Of course the money is no longer in people's pockets to spend in the shops or anywhere else.

Meanwhile the bosses of all the companies involved in the industries mentioned, are all raking in vast profits and paying themselves huge salaries and bonuses.

It has to stop or we will be dooomed !

I havent had a pay rise for 3 years and yes its the small things that make things seem less enjoyable,i cancelled my gym,cut back on supermarket shopping and wasted food,deff cut back at xmas,cut back my contract for my mobile phone and tv package. In a way I do consider myself lucky I can just about scrape through the end of the month but not much leeway for unexpected expenses.

I'm Afraid that's why so many shops are closing down, look at all the things you mention, Car insurance, Energy, Fuel, Train tickets, Bus fares, parking, these are all going up at an alarming rate. Of course the money is no longer in people's pockets to spend in the shops or anywhere else.

Meanwhile the bosses of all the companies involved in the industries mentioned, are all raking in vast profits and paying themselves huge salaries and bonuses.

It wont.

Get used to it.

Makes me realise how lucky people were when I was a child.

No car to worry about, no central heating to pay for, no internet costs, no mobile phone costs,no expensive clothes costs as they were passed down,

no TV licence to pay as there was no TV.

No mortgage to pay just rent for a prefab, no expensive foreign holidays to worry about.

Also they had the joy of working 51/2 day week. My dad had the opportunity to get exercise walking to work when he didn't have the money for his bus fare.

Edited by harvey19

We're doomed. DOOMED I TELL YOU :gag:

We certainly are. :(

Luckily at the moment its just the “extras” that I’ve trimmed, Eating out, Drinking out, Type of holiday, Not going to Football as often, reduced sky package etc …….. the problems really starts when you have to cut back on the essentials like Heat or eat.

We are all in it together.

Whoever coined that phrase as a lot to answer for?

Edited by Grandad.Malky

Indeed- holiday firms will start to go pop this year I predict. Starting with the obvious one. People dont have a few grand spare anymore for a package tour.

Doomed!

Makes me realise how lucky people were when I was a child.

No car to worry about, no central heating to pay for, no internet costs, no mobile phone costs,no expensive clothes costs as they were passed down,

no TV licence to pay as there was no TV.

No mortgage to pay just rent for a prefab, no expensive foreign holidays to worry about.

That’s consumerism for you ……. The western world has sold its granny and now the coffers are empty.

Indeed- holiday firms will start to go pop this year I predict. Starting with the obvious one. People dont have a few grand spare anymore for a package tour.

Doomed!

It could be time to pick up a cheap cruise ………. (That’s not a joke)

I was contemplating that very line of thought this morning and decided that the nearest thing to a cruise I could afford was a model of a cruise liner:|

So I phone up the local model shop and asked the guy if he had a model of an Italian cruise liner and he said he only had one left, he put the phone down on me when I asked him if he could put it on one side for me:confused:

Are there any good offers on Costa?