Towing a car with another car?

is it legal using a bar not a rope to tow a car.The car being towed isnt taxed or tested just need to get it home. Whats the laws or regulations on this?

I think you need a car transporter (or car trailer). It's still on the road technically and although not under it's own steam I think it still needs tax and mot.

I think you need a car transporter (or car trailer). It's still on the road technically and although not under it's own steam I think it still needs tax and mot.

what if towing to a garage for work??

you cant tow anything thats not taxed or tested on the road on its own wheels as far as i know. check it out before you do owt as they love nicking people for stuff like this.

BDS trailers will hire you one for 50 quid to get it home legit.

is it legal using a bar not a rope to tow a car.The car being towed isnt taxed or tested just need to get it home. Whats the laws or regulations on this?

If you want to tow it it needs to be taxed and insured and you can only take it to test centre if you have booked it in and back if it fails. Otherwise as other posters have said, get a trailer

If you want to tow it it needs to be taxed and insured and you can only take it to test centre if you have booked it in and back if it fails. Otherwise as other posters have said, get a trailer

^^^What they say.

Trailer or move it illegally and risk being picked up and losing it entirely.

its goin to my local garage does this help?

Nope, makes no difference if it's a hundred foot or a hundred miles.

If you tax and insure it and book test you can but not sure how you can tax it without test certificate

You also need to make sure that YOU have the appropriate entitlement on your drivin licence. If you passed your test since 1997, you might need to take a B+E test

If you tax and insure it and book test you can but not sure how you can tax it without test certificate

I think you can take it to a pre booked test without it being taxed..

I think you can take it to a pre booked test without it being taxed..

You would have to be able to take it to a pre-booked test without tax, cos you can't tax it without a test cert. However, regardless of this it would have to be insured.