Noisy kids on aircraft

My comment was directed towards the safety of the babies (and young children). I wouldn't dream of taking my own on a plane, bus, or train.

In fact, that reminds me; I think it was last year (or the year before) where we had some pretty severe snow.

I saw a young girl, about 17, walking in the blizzard carrying what must have been a 3 month old baby. I was so shocked I just sat looking at her, thinking what a stupid, ignorant <insert expletive here> she was.

Do you allow them in cars? or do you walk everywhere? do they go to playgrounds?

I wouldnt take my young child on a plane until a bit older unless i had to in a emergency to see family or something because 1) A baby cant tell you if they are in pain/ill and medical treatment on a flight is limited/none existant 2) its stress for a parent if the child is upset 3) its stressful for everyone else.

1.Unless it is a severe emergency then most children will survive a 2, 3 and even 14 hour flight.

2.The children don't have to be upset.

3. No stress of 1 and 2 are satisfied.

Edited by pottedplant

I started a thread simular to this and thought that a creche in the hold would be a good idea or putting very small children in the overhead lockers would be another good idea

My partner is a big believer in wrapping children in velcro and letting them hang from the wall and/or ceiling.

1.Unless it is a severe emergency then most children will survive a 2, 3 and even 14 hour flight.

2.The children don't have to be upset.

3. No stress of 1 and 2 are satisfied.

1) Even ear pain is enough to stop me putting a baby through it unless i needed to.

2) I said 'if' didnt I? I didnt say 'babies are always upset'

3) see original 1 & 2

Try reading before pulling someone up. Its personal choice :roll:

1) Even ear pain is enough to stop me putting a baby through it unless i needed to.

2) I said 'if' didnt I? I didnt say 'babies are always upset'

3) see original 1 & 2

Try reading before pulling someone up. Its personal choice :roll:

1. earache generally just needs calpol or similar not medical intervention which is what you originaly stated was lacking on an aircraft plus a child with earache generally cries which overcomes your concerns that they would not be able to tell you they were ill.

2. neither did I.

Was simply pointing out that the barriers you have imposed on your flying could be overcome if you wished. If you don't want to then don't.

1. earache generally just needs calpol or similar not medical intervention which is what you originaly stated was lacking on an aircraft plus a child with earache generally cries which overcomes your concerns that they would not be able to tell you they were ill.

2. neither did I.

Was simply pointing out that the barriers you have imposed on your flying could be overcome if you wished. If you don't want to then don't.

Ear pain caused by flying. You cant stop a baby from crying, you can only soothe it once its started and be prepared as best you can. I wouldnt put my baby through a flight unless essential until it was a bit older because of the 3 reasons originally stated.

Ear pain caused by flying

... is easily averted by feeding the child on take-off and landing.

People who are perhaps returning home to visit relatives?

If you're the type of person to scowl and curse parents because their baby isn't behaving impeccably then I'd prepare yourself for a hell of an ear-bashing! It's stressful enough keeping youngsters entertained and content on long journeys without an outsider judging you and tutting away. Same goes in restaurants; I get sick of people giving me dirty looks because one or both of my children are crying. We were in TGI Fridays once and this ignorant little tramp said to her boyfriend "god they're both at it now, wish they'd shut those f**king kids up" If you don't want to be around kids don't go to s family restaurant. In the case of a plane, I doubt there are childless airlines so, erm, sorry but tough, put up with it. Parents and their kids are entitled to a holiday too.

I'm with the ignorant little tramp on this one. Your little darlings are a noise pest to me and spoil my enjoyment. If you can't control them then don't take them to a family restaurant.

Edited by DenadaInnit

Ear pain caused by flying. You cant stop a baby from crying, you can only soothe it once its started and be prepared as best you can. I wouldnt put my baby through a flight unless essential until it was a bit older because of the 3 reasons originally stated.

Then you're the lucky one who has family near by. My grandparents couldnt fly out to see me when I was born, so my mother had to go to them. The nearest time they could afford to make the trip was a few YEARS after I was born and when my sister arrived. Would you DENY your parents the pleasure of seeing their grandchild, if your case was similar?

BTW the distance between us wasn't as easy as a long train or car ride. We had the Atlantic ocean separating our family.