Sheffield Forum

Reporting drivers

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Topic Closed
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
21-04-2017, 10:24   #101
silentP
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Total Posts: 799
It's just a l'il ol discussion
 
21-04-2017, 10:29   #102
alchresearch
Registered User
alchresearch's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: East Lancs.
Total Posts: 29,220
Send a message via Yahoo to alchresearch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
Someone makes a safe left turn under questionable circumstances but it was done safely.
But does that make it OK?

My ex used to take the "racing line" on roundabouts (i.e. cut across lanes) and not indicate either at night or if there was nobody behind her.

Her argument was that it wasn't harming anyone.
_______
Peugeot & Citroen Diagnostics Specialist. PM for details.
 
21-04-2017, 10:31   #103
Puggie
Registered User
Puggie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Total Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
I didn't start a topic about it! It wont get you anywhere.
Dutch you make it sound like we're discussing this on national TV.. We're on a Sheffield-centric forum discussing local issues
 
21-04-2017, 10:57   #104
onewheeldave
Autistic User
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Total Posts: 4,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
This thread is about reporting drivers! Not murder or any other illegal activity.
It's an analogy Bodie!

He's just trying to get you to think about your opinions.

After all, you've just criticized people who have the foresight to secure video evidence of activities that harm others.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 10:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
Someone makes a safe left turn under questionable circumstances but it was done safely.

Hallelujah what has Sheffield forum become since this is one of the top active conversations here.
Life has a lot more to offer than silly things like this.

Last month I saw a car speeding hitting a speedbump in a turn, front wheels go up. Driver loses control and the car hits two pedestrians, then spins 360 degree and slams in a small van. The four Asian looking people in the car got out and ran away.

I didn't start a topic about it! It wont get you anywhere.
To be fair, the discussion here isn't exclusively about a left turn- it's moved on to videoing harrassment of cyclists, which is a very serious subject, and, which occurs with great frequency in Sheffield.

It was only last year when a cyclist was killed on a road very near me (the one that runs between the Ponderosa and Crookes Valley park)- run over from behind by a drunk driver, who than fled the scene.

That's when dash cams make a lot of sense.

The more drivers get it into their heads that, when they abuse, cut up, threaten and endanger cyclists lives, there's quite a good chance someone's going to get it on video, the more likely they're going to think before they perform whatever stupid manouver they're contemplating.
 
21-04-2017, 11:20   #105
Sheffieldbee
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 95
Quite agree. Cameras should be on every dashboard. In fact, they soon will be.
 
21-04-2017, 12:59   #106
WarPig
Registered User
WarPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Total Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
Someone makes a safe left turn under questionable circumstances but it was done safely.

Hallelujah what has Sheffield forum become since this is one of the top active conversations here.
Life has a lot more to offer than silly things like this.

Last month I saw a car speeding hitting a speedbump in a turn, front wheels go up. Driver loses control and the car hits two pedestrians, then spins 360 degree and slams in a small van. The four Asian looking people in the car got out and ran away.

I didn't start a topic about it! It wont get you anywhere.
Too many leftie liberals on here mate, they've taken over.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 13:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchresearch View Post
But does that make it OK?

My ex used to take the "racing line" on roundabouts (i.e. cut across lanes) and not indicate either at night or if there was nobody behind her.

Her argument was that it wasn't harming anyone.
No point indicating if theres nobody there to benefit from it, and if safe to do so the it makes sense to straighten out roundabouts. Why would you indicate and remain in lane if theres not a soul about to see?

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 13:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheeldave View Post
To be fair, the discussion here isn't exclusively about a left turn- it's moved on to videoing harrassment of cyclists.
Just a shame those GoPro cyclists that love posting other motorists behaviour on youtube always conveniently forget to post the videos of themselves refusing to stop at red traffic lights.

Last edited by WarPig; 21-04-2017 at 13:04.
 
21-04-2017, 13:04   #107
spilldig
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Total Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarPig View Post
Too many leftie liberals on here mate, they've taken over.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 13:01 ----------



No point indicating if theres nobody there to benefit from it, and if safe to do so the it makes sense to straighten out roundabouts. Why would you indicate and remain in lane if theres not a soul about to see?
I hope you are including pedestrians when you say nobody there.
 
21-04-2017, 13:08   #108
WarPig
Registered User
WarPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Total Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by spilldig View Post
I hope you are including pedestrians when you say nobody there.
If theres nobody to benefit, then why indicate?
 
21-04-2017, 13:19   #109
Conte
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Total Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by geared View Post
Different kettle of fish with cyclists though, they're always on the defensive and yet people still have a go at them.
Are you serious about cyclist driving defensively? You should try to drive somewhere on PoW or Ridgeway road during morning rush hour and see the cyclyists driving "defensively" at speed between the two rows of cars straight along the dashed road markings as they do not want to stay in the trafifc jam together with the other road users in the absence of the dedicated cyclist lane.
 
21-04-2017, 13:20   #110
WarPig
Registered User
WarPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Total Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conte View Post
Are you serious about cyclist driving defensively? You should try to drive somewhere on PoW or Ridgeway road during morning rush hour and see the cyclyists driving "defensively" at speed between the two rows of cars straight along the dashed road markings as they do not want to stay in the trafifc jam together with the other road users in the absence of the dedicated cyclist lane.
Fltering is legal if done considerately. Though I don't often see cyclists doing it considerately.
 
21-04-2017, 13:31   #111
Conte
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Total Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarPig View Post
If theres nobody to benefit, then why indicate?
Fully support. I even remember my driving instructor teaching me to indicate only when there's a need to do so.
 
21-04-2017, 13:34   #112
WarPig
Registered User
WarPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Total Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conte View Post
Fully support. I even remember my driving instructor teaching me to indicate only when there's a need to do so.
I remember indicating when there was nobody about to see it, and my instructor asked me if I was indicating to the pigeon on the footpath. I told him 'Yes'.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 13:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conte View Post
Fully support. I even remember my driving instructor teaching me to indicate only when there's a need to do so.
Same with crossing lanes at roundabouts to straighten them out. If theres nobody about then why not?
 
21-04-2017, 13:36   #113
onewheeldave
Autistic User
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Total Posts: 4,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarPig View Post

Just a shame those GoPro cyclists that love posting other motorists behaviour on youtube always conveniently forget to post the videos of themselves refusing to stop at red traffic lights.
That's

a- not true

b- adds no weight whatsoever to your bizarre claim that there's something wrong about collecting video evidence of bad driving that puts cyclists lives at risk

If you're going to continue to criticize the use of helmet/dash cams, why not present some actual reasons.

(Clue- cos there aren't any)
 
21-04-2017, 13:39   #114
WarPig
Registered User
WarPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Total Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheeldave View Post
That's

a- not true

b- adds no weight whatsoever to your bizarre claim that there's something wrong about collecting video evidence of bad driving that puts cyclists lives at risk

If you're going to continue to criticize the use of helmet/dash cams, why not present some actual reasons.

(Clue- cos there aren't any)
So your saying that cyclists always stop at red traffic lights? They're always riding through red lights when I'm on the road, but I'm yet to see a video of themselves doing so on youtube.
 
21-04-2017, 14:46   #115
onewheeldave
Autistic User
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Total Posts: 4,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarPig View Post
So your saying that cyclists always stop at red traffic lights?
No. you've just said that. I've said nothing of the kind. Read my posts.
 
21-04-2017, 15:23   #116
mort
BIKKIT !!!
mort's Avatar
 
Admin Team
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Directly above the centre of the earth
Total Posts: 37,607
As this has degenerated into the usual wrangle.

Closed
_______
Bringing chaos out of order
Time is a great healer. Unless it's a rash, then you're better off with ointment.
'Reality', sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'
 
Topic Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:32.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2017

Nimbus Server