Sheffield Forum

Wednesday v Derby 22/04/2017

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
20-04-2017, 11:15   #21
melthebell
*gets coat*
melthebell's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Near whitby, originally from Sheffield
Total Posts: 54,152
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOSITS NAME View Post
What makes a bogey team, a bogey team? There's no such thing. Players change all the time. It's a game I think you'll win. Maybe 3-1 was a little ambitious, so I'll say 2-1 win.
crap, im sure theres teams united ALWAYS struggle against

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 11:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by samssong View Post
Futures ????? whats that mean.
guess................
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
  Reply With Quote
20-04-2017, 11:50   #22
Padders
Registered User
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Total Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
crap, im sure theres teams united ALWAYS struggle against

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 11:17 ----------


guess................
correct. and there all in the championship.
  Reply With Quote
20-04-2017, 11:52   #23
Mr Bloke
Registered User
Mr Bloke's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Total Posts: 4,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
guess................

Errm... OK Mr Mel, I'm not very good at guessing but I'll give it a go...

Does it mean that there are some posters on here who will not be satisfied until the footy section is just a big old Wednesday love-in, and who aim to Top their own very low childish standards by trying to expose some current posters as banned posters?
  Reply With Quote
20-04-2017, 11:56   #24
top4718
Registered User
top4718's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Total Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bloke View Post

Errm... OK Mr Mel, I'm not very good at guessing but I'll give it a go...

Does it mean that there are some posters on here who will not be satisfied until the footy section is just a big old Wednesday love-in, and who aim to Top their own very low childish standards by trying to expose some current posters as banned posters?
........or does it make it worse if posters banned for a reason make a comeback - you decide.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 12:19 ----------

Just looking at the league table if we could beat Derby the result of the Hudds/Fulham game is inconsequential - a win/win situation.
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 09:25   #25
Hotmale 1954
Registered User
Hotmale 1954's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Total Posts: 2,495
I'm trusting that we put away early chances that we will create. I'm loathe to be optimistic as we have bad history with this lot.
However, poor runs have to end and Saturday is the day for me. I've gone 3-1 Wednesday. I would have gone 2-1 but didn't want to copy *ash* in our race for a top 6 finish!
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 09:27   #26
melthebell
*gets coat*
melthebell's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Near whitby, originally from Sheffield
Total Posts: 54,152
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
carry on like we have and finally put this voodoo hoodoo to bed
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 11:22   #27
NERVY-OWL
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Total Posts: 11,443
not going to be a straight forward game, never seem to get anything more than a draw with these and i'm expecting the same tomorrow
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 13:10   #28
Sheridan1-0
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2008
Total Posts: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by NERVY-OWL View Post
not going to be a straight forward game, never seem to get anything more than a draw with these and i'm expecting the same tomorrow
Come on Nervy...we have momentum of winning games,we desperately need the points,we will have a decent crowd and opposition with nothing to play for...lets be positive...

But your right its Wednesday we're talking about and over the years they've built us up and then let us down...!!

one more goal than them will do for me...
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 13:12   #29
top4718
Registered User
top4718's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Total Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1-0 View Post
Come on Nervy...we have momentum of winning games,we desperately need the points,we will have a decent crowd and opposition with nothing to play for...lets be positive...

But your right its Wednesday we're talking about and over the years they've built us up and then let us down...!!

one more goal than them will do for me...
They've nothing to play for league wise but Rowett will want to keep the momentum going and players will be playing for their futures #pessimistic
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 13:29   #30
1295galaxy
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Total Posts: 448
Kieran Lee could be back for tomorrows game
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 13:43   #31
NERVY-OWL
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Total Posts: 11,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1-0 View Post
Come on Nervy...we have momentum of winning games,we desperately need the points,we will have a decent crowd and opposition with nothing to play for...lets be positive...

But your right its Wednesday we're talking about and over the years they've built us up and then let us down...!!

one more goal than them will do for me...
Would you expect anything else from me though

If ever theres an ideal time to be beating them it's now though, no excuse to not get anything from the game but it wont be easy even with them having nothing to play for.
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 20:50   #32
melthebell
*gets coat*
melthebell's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Near whitby, originally from Sheffield
Total Posts: 54,152
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell


WOW currently Norwich are 2 up, 2 Stockdale own goals
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 22:30   #33
Jim Hardie
Registered User
Jim Hardie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Total Posts: 6,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post


WOW currently Norwich are 2 up, 2 Stockdale own goals
Lol, Norwich won 2-0 without a shot on target.
_______
CONGRATULATIONS WEDNESDAY
Sheffield's top dogs again in 2016/17
(That's just 42 times in my 68 years)

At last a bit of competition for 2017/18
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 22:34   #34
melthebell
*gets coat*
melthebell's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Near whitby, originally from Sheffield
Total Posts: 54,152
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hardie View Post
Lol, Norwich won 2-0 without a shot on target.
i read both goals sort of came off the posts and hit his back to go in, dont they count as on target? they mustve been very slightly off?
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 22:35   #35
senwar
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Green Moor
Total Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
i read both goals sort of came off the posts and hit his back to go in, dont they count as on target? they mustve been very slightly off?
If a shot hits the woodwork, it isn't on target. So hits the woodwork, but goes in off a deflection after heading away from the goal - not on target
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 22:37   #36
melthebell
*gets coat*
melthebell's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Near whitby, originally from Sheffield
Total Posts: 54,152
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
If a shot hits the woodwork, it isn't on target. So hits the woodwork, but goes in off a deflection after heading away from the goal - not on target
ah so it counts as wide? blimey small margins lol, it literly has to go towards the actual goal space to be on
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2017, 22:42   #37
Jim Hardie
Registered User
Jim Hardie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Total Posts: 6,578
Both shots were from the same player. A bit harsh this rule in my opinion. In the old days he would have been credited with the goals.
_______
CONGRATULATIONS WEDNESDAY
Sheffield's top dogs again in 2016/17
(That's just 42 times in my 68 years)

At last a bit of competition for 2017/18
  Reply With Quote
22-04-2017, 09:48   #38
Padders
Registered User
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Total Posts: 5,390
3 massive pts today guys, no danger. cum on owls, yee haa.
  Reply With Quote
22-04-2017, 09:57   #39
ukdobby
Registered User
ukdobby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Rojales
Total Posts: 9,866
Status: Online
Every game from now on is squeaky bum time with Fulham on a roll let's hope Leeds carry on their blip,hopefully 2-1.
  Reply With Quote
22-04-2017, 10:20   #40
top4718
Registered User
top4718's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Total Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdobby View Post
Every game from now on is squeaky bum time with Fulham on a roll let's hope Leeds carry on their blip,hopefully 2-1.
The optimist says today's results could go a long way to reaching the play offs the pessimist says we could be 7th come 5pm.
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:32.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2017

Nimbus Server