Smocked salmon with beetroot, vodka crime fraiche and salad or

Chicken liver pate, toast & salad

Main Course

Free range turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce or

Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, horseradish sauce & gravy or

Slow cooked venison and mushroom casserole or

Salmon & Mediterranean veg encroute or

Parsnip & cranberry baked, herb & leek sauce

All mains served with roast potatoes & seasonal vegetables.

Desserts

Traditional Christmas pudding

Raspberry cheesecake

Vanilla Ice cream, boozy raisins & Pedro zimenez sherry

Almonds ( chocolate, caramel & nuts)

Cheese & biscuits

Mince pie & coffee

1 course £11.95

2 courses £16.95

3 courses £20.95

All menu is gluten free

Book early 0114 2745515

Closed Mondays

'Ale house s8 0jp' never heard of it. Is that its name?

The Ale House! Yes that's its name! The rest looks like a post code to me.

and the beer?

6 real ales always on , however as they change frequently unable to say what will be on at the time.

Current selection is Saltaire, Dancing Duck, Mallinsons & Whitby breweries with others in the cellar.

You can check out our twitter page @S8Alehouse showing which beers are on the bar.

They are also on the shortlist for Sheffield CAMRA pub of the month.

S8 0JP is the postcode, as there are other Ale Houses available :D:D

I went in when it first opened as the Ale House. It was a bit "Saltaire Heavy" I recall. Not that there's anything wrong with Saltaire, but I like a variety of ever changing beer - particularly from the smaller micro breweries. Not only that, but I enjoy strong beers.

In 95% of pubs (maybe more) in Sheffield I can drink beer ranging from 3.5% - 4.5%. Almost everyone offers this. In very few can I drink a 6% or more beer on cask. I literally scour the real ale pubs, maybe half a dozen of them, regularly, to try and find that illusive strong pale ale/IPA. The Beer House on Ecclesall Road tend to have one - but only usually at weekends. The Beer Engine has them occasionally. The Sentinel Brewery have a resident IPA at 6.5%. The Sheaf View is likely to have one. The Broadfield occasionally do, again, usually only at weekends. And so on...

I used to be a devotee of Thornbridge when I first tried Jaipur - but I got a bit bored with drinking that all the time too. They used to do Halcyon on cask, which was great! But now that's confined to keg only it seems. A bit like the excellent "Axe Edge" from Buxton Brewery. Was great on cask but they only do that on keg now as well.

Keg beer killed Real ale back in the 60's. Real ale fought back in the 80's and 90's and re-established itself. And now Real ale is being swallowed up again by keg beers - probably because it's more profitable.

A pub that offers a good range of real ales, on cask, with some strong cask ales in addition to the middle of the road 4.5% ones, would be really welcome.

If this is the Ale House then do let us know.

The Ale House is on Fraser Road, S8 0JP is just the postcode.

The Ale House is on Fraser Road, S8 0JP is just the postcode.

Glad you explained that to us. Some obviously wouldn't have been able to work it out.

Hello,

Yes it is the Alehouse on Fraser Road, Sheffield 8. They try to have a strong beer on pump 6, recently they had Saltaire Stateside. They try to have a good mix ranging from 3.7% to 6.5%. The only regular Saltaire beer on is the blonde.

Why not give it a try again, you won't be disappointed.