Shakespeare beer fest 23-26 November

Usual script, fest runs Thursday to Sunday or when beer runs out. Some beers on bar, most upstairs on gravity. 30 cask beers plus keg

I call dibs on the Beer Ink & Friends barrel aged blend and the Josh's Ridgeside Impy stout

FIRST 18 BEERS FOR THE FESTIVAL, 12 MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED:

Almasty- Hops - IPA - 4.9%

Beer Ink - Barrel of Crafts - Barrel aged blend of "Smore than a feeling", "Imperial coffee stout" and "starbeer" - 8.6%

Brodies -Bethnal Green Bitter - Bitter - 4.0%

Drone Valley - Green Man IPA - IPA brewed with local hops - 5.3%

Electric Bear - Werrrd - American Pale Ale - 4.2%

Furnace - Alpaca - Pale Ale - 4.2%

Hopjacker - Snakeoil with added coffee - Ginger Brown ale with coffee in the cask - 4.6%

Imperial - Stout Wi' Nowt Taken Out (Turkish Delight edition) - Stout with added turkish delight - 6.0%

Lost Industry - 6th Shade of Pale (Pink Grapefruit)- Pale Ale - 4.6%

Mobberley - Concept 24 - West Coast IPA - 5.0%

North Riding - Taiheke - Pale Ale - 4.0%

Ridgeside - MAKAR - Imperial Stout - 10.0%

Shiny - Tombstone - Chocolate Orange Stout - 5.5%

Siren - Cookie dough - Stout With chocolate chips and rum BA coffee - 7.4%

Steel City/ Imperial - Atomic C Bomb - IPA - 6.0%

Tiny Rebel - Loki - Black IPA - 4.5%

Weird Beard - Hippy hating hippie - Rose, Cinammon and cardomom stout - 4.2%

Wylam - Swipe Right - S.P.A - 4.7%

Edited by SteelCityAle

I think the staff at Shakespeares should spend more time looking after the regulars rather than pandering to the beernoscenti for a weekend! I mean it! Tickers? I counted 74 last year!

You've taken up ticker ticking?

Anyway, what about regulars who are beernoscenti?

Ah you have outed me! It's really "Ticker Tracking". I won't be able to improve on last year's figure. Off to Annan to the Belted Galloway Food and Drink Festival. Three days of Beer and Brisket, of Bevvy and Beef of Scotch and Sirloin...oh you get the picture!

you mean the tv behind the bar might not be showing Statler & Waldorf for the festival?

you mean the tv behind the bar might not be showing Statler & Waldorf for the festival?

Intermission time. But fear not, rather like "Dave" we'll be back on line come Monday with loads of repeats!

I'll be there on the Thursday, just as soon as I can reasonably leave work without being accused of taking the pish during my notice period.

I'll be there on the Thursday, just as soon as I can reasonably leave work without being accused of taking the pish during my notice period.

Naw. You'll be drinking it naw takin' it.

I`ll probably start with the Brodies special for Adam whilst I peruse the wares and plan a way forward.

I`ll probably start with the Brodies special for Adam whilst I peruse the wares and plan a way forward.

I did that.

I found after a couple of hoppy beers the best of the rest were definitely in the stouts. Finished off with some 8,9,10,11 percenters. All very good. There is also a stunning Cloudwater DIPA on keg.

Apologies to the old "beer should be £2.60 a pint" brigade but the most expensive festival ale was £6.60...which considering it was a stunning 10% is more than a fair price.

I enjoyed it. Only had a few then went to Dev Cat Black Friday. More IPAs ay Shakey this week.