Nvidia and amd graphics

hi, can anyone tell me ,if i can fit a nvidia graphics card, into a amd motherboard

That shouldn't be an issue so long as the type of card is compatible. I've got an now old AMD M5A78L-M USB3 motherboard with nVidia GT620 card in.

hi, can anyone tell me ,if i can fit a nvidia graphics card, into a amd motherboard

You should really tell us the Make & Model of the Motherboard

I have an old Asus MN32 where the GT 8600 died. Replaced it with a GT 7300

There's no issues between the two brands but the spec of your computer will dictate what graphics cards you can install.

I know some of the hyper performing gfx cards can drink power. My son bought a (god knows which) card and had to spend about £250 on another PSU. The card alone was about £800 too.

I know some of the hyper performing gfx cards can drink power. My son bought a (god knows which) card and had to spend about £250 on another PSU. The card alone was about £800 too.

There should be NO need for a £250 power supply, to power even a dual Graphics Card system...

I recently built a new system and bought one of the best 750watt power supplies, and it cost around £100 (Corsair RM750X)

Anything more than that is overkill unless you're running an extreme CPU with big overclocks, it can actually be detrimental to have a too large power supply..

as for the GFX @ £800 - unless it was an nVidia TitanXP (or 1080ti, but £800 is a bit much for that) I can't imagine what he bought...

Maybe it was something for mining Cryptocurrancy instead of gaming?

One of the new Bitcoin variants is optimised for NVidia graphics card mining.

I can't imagine either, but I know over an 18 month period his, I call it his "Games Thing" has cost around three grand in total. He goes on these League of Legend tournament efforts, last one was at the NEC and I think his chums and him came 3rd (or turb as he hates me to call it). His mates make quite a bit from playing games, PLAYING GAMES! for petes sake.

He's just "enlightened" me, it's a ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB, and he bought it 3 months before general release.

"ok, that's nice"

was my response.

Alot of money in online gaming, e-sports and all that jazz to be fair.

Alot of money in online gaming, e-sports and all that jazz to be fair.

Agree 100%

Have you seen how much top line Clash of Clanners make? I could pay my mortgage in a week (if it wasn't already paid off).

Have you seen how much top line Clash of Clanners make?

oh I daren't even look to be honest I know it's mental.

Those people making videos of themselves playing games and then becoming a YouTube millionaire - can't figure that one out either.

Must be a hugely saturated market though, very tough one to get into.

oh I daren't even look to be honest I know it's mental.

Those people making videos of themselves playing games and then becoming a YouTube millionaire - can't figure that one out either.

Must be a hugely saturated market though, very tough one to get into.

There are actually very few YouTube millionaires, especially compared to the total of Youtubers out there. I recently compared it to trying to make it as a professional footballer in the UK - admittedly the Youtube journey is shorter, but it is by no means easy. The pro-streamers/Youtubers I know are all working well over 12 hour days, seven days a week.

On topic - If buying modern graphics cards there is a basic believe that Nvidia is the most powerful, AMD the most economical.