Has anyone had a recorded PIP assessment?

I just dont understand this, they have the equipment as they record ESA medicals, so why not use it for PIP it makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense if they're prepared to lie to get you off benefits...

It makes perfect sense if they're prepared to lie to get you off benefits...

Well yes there is that, and it does happen as well, 3 times to a Family member then once to someone else that I know alone.

It is ridiculous of them though to provide equipment for one but not the other.

Take your phone in with you and record it yourself that's the easyist way to do it and you won't believe how they lie

I agree, then as you leave, tell the assessor you've recorded the interview so if there are any discrepancies, you will appeal. Then wait outside and see how long the next person has to wait to see this assessor. Probably 30 minutes or so as the assessor quickly back tracks and re-writes the report.

I agree, then as you leave, tell the assessor you've recorded the interview so if there are any discrepancies, you will appeal. Then wait outside and see how long the next person has to wait to see this assessor. Probably 30 minutes or so as the assessor quickly back tracks and re-writes the report.

The problem with this approach is that the DWP have declared that they will not consider any recording produced in this way as evidence, no matter when you declare that you are recording the interview. Moreover, you may be accused of committing a crime by covertly recording the interview.

The problem with this approach is that the DWP have declared that they will not consider any recording produced in this way as evidence, no matter when you declare that you are recording the interview. Moreover, you may be accused of committing a crime by covertly recording the interview.

But as #10 states, sometimes the appeal judges will accept it, sometimes they won't, so it's worth a try.

"It is not illegal to record conversations without permission- what is illegal is 'publishing' them without the other persons consent.

As for courts and tribunals, it varies, some have thrown them out, others have accepted them".

This reminds me of when people get involved in road accidents and insurance companies say passengers witness accounts are excluded and you can't give evidence in court. Hogwash, the magistrate I came up against said whyever shouldn't your passenger give evidence!!!

Edited by poppet2