Struggling getting down

I have recently started walking and a little bit of climbing but im finding the hardest part is coming back down. I really struggle.

This weekend i went to the lakes (Scarfell) and theres a bit that i came down which was i bit tricky and then turned to scree.

Now i was trying to come down but it took ages until my wonderful boyfriend decided to come and fetch me down and ended up dragging me down!! ( he didnt do this to be mean just trying to help and get me confident and down)

I need to practice and i know the best way is to keep doing it but im so nervous about it all. Anyone else suffer?

Also i'm looking to find somewhere locally with scree so i can climb up a little bit and then come back down increasing my confidence as i go

Have you tried walking poles, to steady yourself? You could try the telescopic ones that fold into your rucksack if you don't want to use them all the time.