Shooting in Meersbrook?

Reports are coming in that someone has been shot in meersbrook park earlier this evening.

Seriously concerned - Walkley, Meersbrook and Park Hill flats have all had shootings this week.

I know people will say "oh it's gangs, scum killing scum" etc - but that's not reassuring to the residents of these areas.

We live near the park and were just wondering why the helicopter had been circling for so long, 30+ mins... hope its not gun related.

We live near the park and were just wondering why the helicopter had been circling for so long, 30+ mins... hope its not gun related.

Most shootings usually are gun related!

The speculation around the Manor shooting (it wasn't in Park Hill it was next to it) is that it was drug related - the shooting took place where the dealers hang out. Residents have been reporting dealing going on for months but the police appear to be unable to do anything.

A young lad was shot by a random man who asked him for cigarettes and cash. He was walking from home up to the Cross Scythes at the time. The mugger held a gun to his head, and he turned his head as the gun was fired. It went into his neck, and lodged in his jaw. Its taken his back teeth out and broken his jaw, but he is ok and doing well.

This is taken from updates posted online by his mum.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 08:02 ----------

Also at last update, shooter hasn't been caught.

A young lad was shot by a random man who asked him for cigarettes and cash. He was walking from home up to the Cross Scythes at the time. The mugger held a gun to his head, and he turned his head as the gun was fired. It went into his neck, and lodged in his jaw. Its taken his back teeth out and broken his jaw, but he is ok and doing well.

This is taken from updates posted online by his mum.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 08:02 ----------

Also at last update, shooter hasn't been caught.

Awful. Is this really true? Unbelievable

Considering it was about cigs and pocket money shooter cant be very advanced and be relatively easy to catch, I guess.

Edited by dutch

First of all, i hope the young lad makes a full and speedy recovery, my thoughts are with him and his family.

I live not too far from here and its pretty worrying, no idea what the shooter is capable of, if he is willing to shot someone for a pack of fags and small change

First of all, i hope the young lad makes a full and speedy recovery, my thoughts are with him and his family.

I live not too far from here and its pretty worrying, no idea what the shooter is capable of, if he is willing to shot someone for a pack of fags and small change

Whilst not detracting from the scary nature of guns being discharged close to our homes, I'd withhold judgement on motives etc for a while.

Not saying its implausible but that's a hell of a risk for some fags and bus money.

So broad daylight, in a park mainly used by families and dog walkers, and some kid gets shot in the face for spare change?!

Surely now is the time to sort out policing levels in the city?! We're not talking gangland here - but people asking for change being willing to shoot you and having access to guns.

I find this more scary than anything else really.