Broken lock advice please!

We have one of those locks on an outside door (not upvc) where you lift the handle to lock it, and then turn the key. This morning when we lifted it, something happened and it now won't go down again - it goes to the horizontal position but no lower. The key turns in the lock fine. Any suggestions how to fix it please???

Take lock out and go to b and q get exact replica just replace not worth trying to mend

Take lock out and go to b and q get exact replica just replace not worth trying to mend

It sounds like it might have more than one locking point. If so, I doubt you'd get one from B&Q.

It sounds like it might have more than one locking point. If so, I doubt you'd get one from B&Q.

Id recommend Harold's on shalesmoir ,they know what they are talking about

Doesnt matter how many locking points it has [ 5 lever on most doors] the fault

mostly lies with the lock . Look at the side of the door you will see a single screw take it out it holds the lock in . Turn key to upright position pull lock out .

Yes harolds will have them under £20 with 3 keys easy job

If the key turns with the door open then it could be the door has dropped slightly or the multi point locking strip in the doors edge has moved slightly. Either way a simple fix with a screwdriver or Allen key.

Ewit could  be the centre lock. ,(,,gearbox) gone