Parking the bus - Mourinho speciality

31 percent possession in the Europa Final.

Noticed against the bigger teams Mourinho's strategy seems to be to park the bus,usually with 10 men behind the ball defending quite deep.

Man.Utd are supposed to the one the biggest clubs in the world,shameful way of playing.

How can the fans be pleased with this way of playing?

It's anti-football no two ways about it.

OK it's not the exciting sword buckling football of some of the Fergie teams, but he's won two trophies this year and qualified for the Champions League. So he'll see it as a success. Man U fans might just see it as relief after the last two managers.

Given the amount they've spent you'd think they wouldn't need to rely on Fellaini to spearhead their attack though.

Noticed against the bigger teams Mourinho's strategy seems to be to park the bus,usually with 10 men behind the ball defending quite deep.

Man.Utd are supposed to the one the biggest clubs in the world,shameful way of playing.

Try watching a re run of wednesday v huddersfield play off first leg, then you'd see what parking the bus means!

Jose says to compete with the top 4 he needs to spend........so he hasn't spent this year.::huh:

Last season was pretty forgettable infact think the whole premiership has gone stale.

Money has created a win at all cost culture and that usually means the quality suffers.

Chelsea effectively won it long before the end of the season and most matches I watched were boring.

Also our top teams failed miserably in Europe.

I watched Celtic play Hearts in one of the last games of the season which Celtic won 2-0 from memory.

Prior to going behind Hearts created absolutely nothing and were 100 percent content to park the bus - it was awful beyond words to watch!

Yet, when they went behind they threw many more players forward and immediately created many chances and should have scored a few.

Parking the bus is by far the biggest problem with today's game.

A rule where a minimum of two players from each side must be in the opposing teams half at all times would K.O this problem in one blow.

Fans want to win the trophy, they don't care how. I remember Mourinho's Inter Milan playing one of the best defensive games ever when they beat the then "best team in the world" Barcelona in the 2010 Champions League semi final. Sometimes an inferior team must find a way to win, and Inter Milan's performance in that second leg was a defensive masterpiece.

I want my team to entertain me and to win. But most of all I want them to win. I would argue that most football fans are like me. We celebrate and remember success, however it is achieved. If a team wins a trophy by winning a match on penalties after being outplayed, do their fans care? I reckon not. If either of the Sheffield teams had won a play off final on penalties without a single shot on target during the match, would any of their fans have cared? Ii reckon not.

Edited by SiSiSi

And now, Zlatan is going away.

And now, Zlatan is going away.

He was always there for a good time, not a long time. It could be said he prevented promising players coming through. Anyway, no club should try and build a team around one galactico, it stifles everyone else.

A rule where a minimum of two players from each side must be in the opposing teams half at all times would K.O this problem in one blow.

This would massively increase the number of offsides and put teams at a massive disadvantage when defending a corner or free kick near their own goal.

An attacking team could put all 10 outfield players in the opposition half and get an easy offside if the defending team cleared upfield.

Opposing teams would not put so many players forward at corner kicks with at least two players to mark. Anyway it's the same for both sides.

There wouldn't be any offside as there would be a line around 20 yards in from the halfway line. The line could be an invisible line marked by two flags either side of the halfway line.

Again,football would be a much better spectacle.

Teams like Iceland at the Euro's were simply not interested in playing positive football. With this rule - they would have no alternative.