Any Heavy rock fans on here ?

Hi guys just wondered if there's any heavy rock fans on here. Been into this since l was 17 lm now 53 and still in awe with the quality around now. Beenthrough the glam phase many years ago plus the hair metal band when l had hair lol.

Now lm well into heavy prog bands Evergrey, Symphony X, Vanden Plas, Dream Theater, but also like Primal fear, Allen/lande etc etc..

Not into so called indie rock that to me is just for teens lol..

Cheers

Mooks

Never got into Hair/Lycra rock, some excellent musicians admittedly but the music was terrible. Moog/synthesizer rock also didn't appeal with the exception maybe of a few pieces by YES and a couple of others. Thrash is also a no no for me unless I can isolate and listen to the drum riffs..

Yep me I have been listening to it for 30+ years an still love it I have my old favourites and I have defunct bands that I defend tenaciously I CAN listen to other genres but I'm a rocker at heart

Rock/metal all the way for me!!!

Started on your well known stuff - classics like Hendrix, Led Zep, Deep Purple mixed in with the newer stuff of metallica, GNR etc.

Can't really say I'm 'into' prog metal - only proggy band I really like are Dream Theater (Floyd go without saying, obviously!).

Due to various events in my life, I've found myself going down a much heavier route, lately. Loving the likes of Gojira, The Black Dahlia Murder, Yob, Dragged Into Sunlight. However, I've just got my tickets for Corrosion of Conformity and Hirax in Manchester. Although, 2013 was a werid year for gigs as I saw Dropkick Murphys, then Devin Townsend, Children of Bodom, Alabama3 and The Wonderstuff!

The best on the planet, in my most humble of opinions, is Mastodon. No one can touch them musically right now, for me.

I started my rock/metal journey at around 13 and I'm now 33. My dad said it'd just be a phase when I was 14... but what a phase it is!!!

Eighup Guys ....Tha Can't beat Rock / Metal ...I'm now 61 years old ..and have seen countless Bands over the Years .....including ...Black Sabbath , Led Zeppelin , Deep Purple , Megadeth , Type O Negative , Ensiferum , Anthrax , Amon Amarth , Children Of Bodom ,

...etc , etc ..:headbang:

I was on Channel 4's Big Breakfast when Deep Purple were on ( i rode to Lock Keepers Cottage ) on a Kawasaki 750 in Bad Weather ( Late October in a Gale ) ?.

My Youngest Son ( 27) ...is called Gary Moore ?....

Still got the Hair , wear Jeans & T Shirt regularly and Biking after over 40 years ..never had a Car Licence ..( why change ) ?.

I rember the Nelson Pub when Strongbow was 17p a Pint ....Spent many hours in the Buccaneer and t' Wap ...Keep on Rockin' :headbang:

...spent over half an hour talking to David Ellefson ( Megadeth) and went to the Pub with Petri Lindroos ( Ensiferum) .

Keep on Rockin' Guys .....Life's too Short eh ..

If any of you are on F / B ..feel free to message me .on S /F ...GUZZI ?

Edited by GUZZIOWL

Thanks guys so there is a few hey Guzzi 61 eh thought l was the eldest on here . Lucky to have seen purple etc. Wish l could have found my late bros knebworth led zep programme be worth a few quid now.

Still wear jeans t shirts etc just bald as a ping-pong ball now at least l save on combs lol.

Only lived here since 2008 been to the corp twice once to see House of Lords only took me since 1986 to see them lol

As l said well into heavy prog think Evergrey new album hymns for the broken is there best yet..

And Vanden plas newie Chronicles of the immortals is simply mind blowing..

But as l hate the saying heavy metal...one of the best l have heard is Feinsteins - Third Wish...OK its not new but jeez what a album by dios cousin..

Cheers keep the faith guys

---------- Post added 23-02-2015 at 18:13 ----------

If Evergrey..vanden plas..Symphony x ever play Sheffield would love to meet up with you. As l said l have hardly any friends since l moved

here who like rock music my step sons into RnB rap etc..yuk !!!

Edited by Mooks

Wouldn't call myself a fan, but I am quite partial to a bit of good metal in various guises. I never got into the "old-school" metal of the eighties and nineties though, growing up in the 90s I used to listen to a lot of house, rap, punk, grunge and alternative music.

I still listen to a lot of that, but over time my taste in music has got wider and wider and now I listen to (post 2000) Metallica, Deftones, System of a Down, but also Jimi Hendrix, the Doors and 80's punk.

The harder the better!

Eighup Mooks .....when i saw Led Zep it was in early 73 .....tickets were £1 :hihi:

I got into heavy rock in the early 70s when I was about 12/13 with Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, UFO and all those sorts and I'm still listening to it now (along with a load of other stuff).

Im an old punk but also always been into stuff like Motorhead, Maiden and DC and also got into Grindcore and Thrash Metal back in the late 80s

still love the classic heavy rock / metal, thrash, death, black metal aswell as stuff like stonor rock and prog

always had a soft spot for the likes of Hawkwind, Gong and Rush especially aswell as the aforementioned

used to frequent the wap, yorkshireman, frog and parrot, rebels and peace gardens with the rockers / thrashers in the late 80s / early 90s

Hey guys I love my rock and metal, since the mid eighties onwards love all sorts of it. These days listen to a wider variety of material but am still a rocker at heart! The scene in Sheffield seems to be on the up again, The Mulberry, The Dove and Rainbow, Church House and the Yorkshiremans ups and running again :-)

Great guys a thread to be proud of keep the faith that's all l say...was never into the thrash scene the singers got on my nerves to be honest lol..Claim to fame saw Maiden 1st ever tour 50 people in a rock club in my native north east. Turned to my m8s said these won't go far lol..

Saw Saxon as they were then Son of a bitch in the early 80s..

Not really a fan of huge arena style gigs somethings missing er atmosphere l guess can't beat sweaty clubs couple of hundred people crambed into a shoebox lol.

Cheers