Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

United fans fantasy that blade Wilder will have united snapping at the leash, whilst that funny foreigner Carlos will not have a clue what the derby is all about are way off the mark, the Owls have a settled side and a fantastic team spirit, not saying that we'll because of that but it's not to doubted. It's a good few days away yet but whilst it's all quiet in the Wednesday camp there seems to be a few losing their heads at the Lane in the run up. Seemingly resting players in a home game seems very odd for a manager who's done so much right.

" fantasy" oops !!

I still think carlos should get this season but the tactics do worry me, we don't seem to have a plan b or I'm struggling to see it if there is one. Still 37 games left though so we'll see

Plan B worked and got us back to 2-2? Then our comedy defending took over.

However I worry that our overall style of play is too pedestrian and our players look unfit and feeble.

When Leon Clarke is whipping you for pace and power that's a really bad sign.

If that was a passionate display by United, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't brilliance by any stretch. Brooks was outstanding, our defence was awful (I've said this for 12 months or more) We've been fortunate many, many times and our fortune ran out today. Clark won everything in the air, foul or fair and we made him look like a Superstar. Hooper did really well....... and Joao made a big impact. Fletch worked hard and well again, but that's it. We didn't turn up. This result may have done us a massive favour. We either change how we play, or whoever Manages us.

Our half a team did ok, but we need big changes.

If Basham had scored when he looked favourite to do at 2-0 it would have been all over by half time. Your post is the best bit of rationalisation I've seen in a long time.

Glad to do you a "massive favour" !

" fantasy" oops !!

Looks like the only thing he got right was the quiet in the Wednesday camp.:hihi:

Plan B worked and got us back to 2-2? Then our comedy defending took over.

However I worry that our overall style of play is too pedestrian and our players look unfit and feeble.

When Leon Clarke is whipping you for pace and power that's a really bad sign.

Yes wasn't too bad today but in general it seems we don't. We'll see in the next few games if today was a sign of things to come

If that was a passionate display by United, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't brilliance by any stretch. Brooks was outstanding, our defence was awful (I've said this for 12 months or more) We've been fortunate many, many times and our fortune ran out today. Clark won everything in the air, foul or fair and we made him look like a Superstar. Hooper did really well....... and Joao made a big impact. Fletch worked hard and well again, but that's it. We didn't turn up. This result may have done us a massive favour. We either change how we play, or whoever Manages us.

Our half a team did ok, but we need big changes.

You seriously dont think the Blades showed any passion? Really! Wow.

Watched it as a neutral was a great game some excellent goals think the young brooke is going to be a great talent but l think the big guns may come knocking with there cheque books or nowadays paypal account lol...

Thought first half owls were dreadful that goal in injury time really got them going but think poor defending cost ye big time..

Really surprised with the blades they are a good prospect of being in the top 6 .

Just don't get why a team has to wait till they get a goal near halftime to get going but well done blades a great result .

My stepsons are sick as a custard slice in a heatwave but that's footy for ye..

Owls gotta improve my owls friends know that but think new manager isn't the way forward as yet but think he will be wondering if the dole card could come sooner or later.

Great performance from us and I expected little from the match considering we only had Clarke fit upfront.

Wednesday were poor but the Blades could have had more than 4.

Hopefully we can back this up against Wolves.

Looks like the only thing he got right was the quiet in the Wednesday camp.:hihi:

On here win, lose or draw.

I was quietly confident we'd win today, although with a derby you never know. I thought the selected team was the right one and looked forward to the game. Brooks did very well to win the free kick, ran across the edge of the box waiting for the touch that duly arrived, well worked free kick 0-1. Surely we can rally and come back from this, had a reasonable few minutes before united again capitalised on poor defending and Leon Clarke ffs makes it 2. It was important that we got one back before HT but united looked dangerous every time they got the ball down the right (with hindsight Pudil for Reach might have been better option), Hooper with a great finish clawed one back on the stroke of half time - game on. As expected second half we came out firing, although united did still look good on the break. A great finish by sub Joao, the game at 2-2 - surely we can go on to win it, one minute later our defence makes LC look like Ronaldo and its 2-3, a fourth soon after virtually ended the contest with 10 to play.

A shocker really against our bitterest rivals, defence all at sea, the midfield didn't perform and only Gary Hooper with his 5th goal in 5 really shone.

Two big matches coming up and the Leeds game could be a decider for CC's reign.

Well done blades excellent result to score 4 goals just the boost we need

Got to be honest at on point when Wednesday pulled it back I thought here we go but the blades got better and stronger ,well done Leon Clarke I am one of those who pull him down but he played brilliantly today good game to watch

Thought wednesdays defence was non existent first half anyway well done blades not bad for a pub side with a few players missing happy birthday mr wilder

It shows how far we have come since the Middlesboro game,but they were prepared to put in all the hard and dirty work to negate us as well,and they got 2 big breaks.

We still made mistakes today,but we mixed our game up well with long and short balls and the players decision making on when to play what was very good,and we won a fair amount of second balls in the important areas,we moved the ball more quickly than at the start of the season,kept our shape well apart from the second goal,did some decent pressing and were quick to capitalise on their mistakes and launch our attacks.

It shows how far we have come since the Middlesboro game,but they were prepared to put in all the hard and dirty work to negate us as well,and they got 2 big breaks.

We still made mistakes today,but we mixed our game up well with long and short balls and the players decision making on when to play what was very good,and we won a fair amount of second balls in the important areas,we moved the ball more quickly than at the start of the season,kept our shape well apart from the second goal,did some decent pressing and were quick to capitalise on their mistakes and launch our attacks.

Don't take this the wrong way as it was a very good performance but you were a little more direct that I expected (can't argue that it worked) is that the norm or did you change things slightly for this one?

Brooks will be some player if he progresses in that vein.