Former site of Tinsley towers gets go ahead for art project.

Yeh go the whole Hog and have Carboard cutouts of Fred Dibnah sat on the top of em. :hihi:

I would go for that,Fred was one of my heroes.:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 23-09-2017 at 15:44 ----------

I would go for that,Fred was one of my heroes.:thumbsup:

Not sure how having a lancashire icon on top of a chimney in Yorkshire would go down though.:hihi::hihi:

Edited by AmberLeaf

When was it rejected I hadn’t heard that?

About 2008: http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/visionaries-building-the-man-of-steel-1-6767218

“People kept saying; That could be the next Angel Of The North. So I took the idea to Paul Scriven, then leader of Sheffield City Council,” says Steve. “Sadly the council didn’t see my vision and felt any creation to mark a gateway to the region should be that of a celebrity name.”

Guest sibon
About 2008: http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/visionaries-building-the-man-of-steel-1-6767218

“People kept saying; That could be the next Angel Of The North. So I took the idea to Paul Scriven, then leader of Sheffield City Council,” says Steve. “Sadly the council didn’t see my vision and felt any creation to mark a gateway to the region should be that of a celebrity name.”

That's the Lib Dems for you.

Good job we have a Labour council now. They obviously recognise the value of a major public art project.

That's the Lib Dems for you.

Good job we have a Labour council now. They obviously recognise the value of a major public art project.

He was on here that chap who designed when it was still on the drawing board. It's a shame that it never went ahead (I recall it wasn't going to get made locally - north east I think).

Guest sibon
He was on here that chap who designed when it was still on the drawing board. It's a shame that it never went ahead (I recall it wasn't going to get made locally - north east I think).

I met Steve. He did loads of work in local schools whilst he was pushing the project. Nice bloke, good idea, shame it never happened.