Advice on price for new consumer unit

Can anyone tell me a ball park figure for fitting a consumer unit in replacement of an old fuse box? It's for a 2 bed flat, to incorporate lighting, power sockets, immersion heater, shower and cooker

Can anyone tell me a ball park figure for fitting a consumer unit in replacement of an old fuse box? It's for a 2 bed flat, to incorporate lighting, power sockets, immersion heater, shower and cooker

Ball park....a few hundred quid, assuming no other work needs doing.

Existing installation should be inspected prior to changing, and any remedial works required should be priced and done. That will be an additional cost if any works are required. The cost of the inspection should be included.

Changing a consumer unit is a notifiable job, notifiable to building control at the council. Make sure this is done, and you receive all your documentation, test results etc prior to paying. If you use a reputable electrician, and pay a fair price, it won't be a problem.

Edited by Bargepole23

Had mine replaced for £175 with building regs cert

Edited by leelister6

Has mine replaced for £175 with building regs cert

£175-200 is about right including the new board, new metal 10 way boards are around 65 quid. the rest is labour

hi i use Bryan on 07545399950 . tell him you know me ta jeff

Couple hundred but someone would have to look first there's many things to take into account bonding for gas/water,earth,age of wiring etc

Thank you for all your help and advice

i have employed an electrician now