The Great British Bake Off last night on C4.

I was pleasantly surprised. Never been a fan of Noel Fielding but he turned his outlandishness down enough for him to still be quirky without being completely off the scale. Not the same without Mary Berry and missed a bit of the Mel and Sue innuendo charm but it's a new team and they might need a little time to find their rhythm; Mel and Sue have been doing shows together for years so didn't need time to build rapport.

Not a bad start and I'll be tuning in again. Considerable better than the awful Family Cooking show the Beeb replaced it with.

I thought it was pretty good, Mel and Sue were good, but the show is still the same even with 3 of the 4 presenters changed.

I was all ready to be disappointed but thought it was ok, really no different apart from the presenters, the format is identical. I'm not sure about Noel Fielding though. His face always looks too big, somehow.

I never liked Mel and Sue but think Noel is even worse. He looks like a fish out of water !

To be fair I seem to remember some fairly popular programmes like that - Paint along with Nancy (Kominsky) was one, and I'm sure Ashley Jackson's done one as well.

Yes I remember them and oh so boring.

They all pale into insignificense while I wait for my favourite programme starting in September. Strictly Come Dancing. ! :banana:

Although I'm not a fan of these 'talent shows' that are clogging up the screens at the moment, I do quite like that competition 'The Big Painting Challenge'. I think Una Stubbs is one of the presenters, and is unassuming and professional enough to realise that the show isn't about her, but about the abilities of those in the competition.

I thought it was okay but wished they weren't trying to emulate the presenters who has left. Sandi was wearing a 'Mary style' bomber jacket and Sandi and Noel were speaking and behaving very much as Sue and Mel would have. They should let them have their own style and dynamic.

It wasn't a bad as I was expecting it to be and the contestants did well.

I thought it was okay but wished they weren't trying to emulate the presenters who has left. Sandi was wearing a 'Mary style' bomber jacket and Sandi and Noel were speaking and behaving very much as Sue and Mel would have. They should let them have their own style and dynamic.

It wasn't a bad as I was expecting it to be and the contestants did well.

I don't think it is the same without Mary. Prue Leith is too stiff and she looks uncomfortable.

I agree. I did think Prue was a little quiet but give her time. She was fine when she spoke. I thought what she said was fair and balanced.

I agree. I did think Prue was a little quiet but give her time. She was fine when she spoke. I thought what she said was fair and balanced.

Yes, she gave good comments, but seemed overdressed and stiff .