Modern Football .. Pah!

I read it was more like 775k per week,around 40m per year!

Footballers and sports people in general are the old slaves - but get paid like Kings.

You know what the old Roman Empire did with the slaves?

They used them for games / entertainment sometimes till death.

Apparently he wanted a loyalty bonus from Barcelona.

---------- Post added 21-08-2017 at 19:46 ----------

The standard of womens football is very good - saying its parks football is really disrespectful.

It's not disrespectful it's true.

Apparently the footie player is on £750k a WEEK. The lower figure is what he gets after tax, so I read. Christ knows how he will manage on that brass, I feel really sorry for him.

Angel1.

Apparently the footie player is on £750k a WEEK. The lower figure is what he gets after tax, so I read. Christ knows how he will manage on that brass, I feel really sorry for him.

Angel1.

While ever fools are happy to part with their money to watch this ****e long will it continue.

The referees need to answer their decisions as well,Sterling was booked for the 2nd time but why didn't Dean book the rest,what goes on in the penalty area at corners are fouls outside the box and why do they let players get away with their second booking which most certainly would have been booked if they had not been booked before.

While ever fools are happy to part with their money to watch this ****e long will it continue.

Yes, hence the old saying 'A Fool and his money are soon parted', especially if they're paying football fans.

Edited by stpetre

The Huddesfield v Southampton game was shown live on Australian TV.

Gold stars all round to the players for giving the ball away right,left and centre!

Pace was incredibly high,quality was poor to dreadful. Not convinced any of the two teams could beat Real Madrid or Barcelona's youth teams - and I'm not kidding.

Aaron Mooy was the only the only player consistently trying to use his brain and pick a pass,or play it short and simple if nothing was on.

The EPL is fast and furious,especially if you exclude the top six teams.

There appears to me to be a ever increasing gap between the big six and the rest. Everton sort of bridge the gap between the big six and the rest.

Only good or even contests now appear to be between the big six.

The EPL has a problem like with Scotland, where the only decent even contest when the big two play is between themselves!

Costa and Courtinho both refusing to play for their clubs,I wonder if they're still getting their wages.

£40 million for Oxlaid-Chamberlain? Klopp is a better judge than me but I can't remember anything brilliant from him ever.

£40 million for Oxlaid-Chamberlain? Klopp is a better judge than me but I can't remember anything brilliant from him ever.

Me either but his dad Mark Chamberlain played for the Owls and he wasn't too bad.

There appears to me to be a ever increasing gap between the big six and the rest. Everton sort of bridge the gap between the big six and the rest.

It's worse in Spain and Italy. Spain is essentially Real and Barca. In the last thirty years only Atletico Madrid (twice), Valencia (twice) and Deportivo (once) have won their league apart from them.

Italy is Juventus, Milan and Inter with an occasional interloper. In the last thirty years only Napoli (twice), Sampdoria, Lazio and Roma (once each) have won the Scudetto apart from these three.

In the last thirty years in England, ten different clubs have won the title.

Edited by Harrystottle

Phil Neville on Huddersfield beating Man Utd,well the weather wasn't good.

Edited by ukdobby