Guitarist looking for ambient project

heh all,

i'm looking to join a band or start one. i'm wishing to play something ambient and dark. something along the lines of krautrock, pink floyd circa 1971, low, air, low roar, boards of canada, dictaphone, tortoise, radiohead, dead can dance, autechre, hope sandoval/mazzy star, cocteau twins etc

here's a link to some music i've made in the past:

emails please - (i dont check on here often) - deanthommusic@live.co.uk

cheers.

Edited by dean thom

If you can find a rhythm section, give me a call....

well nick, with over 400 views and not a single bite it's not looking promising.

Go to a few jam sessions, get talking to people. Have you posted on Sheffield Musicians Facebook page?

well nick, with over 400 views and not a single bite it's not looking promising.

I wouldn't say not a single bite.

I emailed you about playing bass, granted I have exceptionally little time and tried to outline this to you but I was more than happy to meet up for a jam to see if we could progress things, possibly work something out and you didn't even have the courtesy to respond.

Even Floyd fans found the early stuff boring bordering on just a noise,me included. After w.y.w.h? it all changed for the better.

I wouldn't say not a single bite.

I emailed you about playing bass, granted I have exceptionally little time and tried to outline this to you but I was more than happy to meet up for a jam to see if we could progress things, possibly work something out and you didn't even have the courtesy to respond.

i did reply..please recheck your inbox. unfortunately i've cleared all my messages so i can't provide the date.

---------- Post added 01-01-2018 at 21:30 ----------

Even Floyd fans found the early stuff boring bordering on just a noise,me included. After w.y.w.h? it all changed for the better.

i'm a fan of the band and i don't find the earlier material boring. i like the ambient soundscapes and long improvised sections. i like all eras. and it was only one of a number of bands that i mentioned in my post.

Edited by dean thom

i did reply..please recheck your inbox. unfortunately i've cleared all my messages so i can't provide the date.

---------- Post added 01-01-2018 at 21:30 ----------

i'm a fan of the band and i don't find the earlier material boring. i like the ambient soundscapes and long improvised sections. i like all eras. and it was only one of a number of bands that i mentioned in my post.

Hi Dean

I've checked both my inbox and trash folder since I sent you the message and I haven't got anything from you.

I guess we'll have to put it down to Internet gremlins!

Sorry about the harshness of my last message. I didn't consider that your reply may not have been delivered.

Hi Dean

I've checked both my inbox and trash folder since I sent you the message and I haven't got anything from you.

Sorry about the harshness of my last message. I didn't consider that your reply may not have been delivered.

heh, no offence taken. i'll message you now.

IF you want vocals i'd be happy to tag along :). Maybe some guitar too.

Edited by Vanadeo
Cos ima *******

Hi Dean

If he cleared his messages would this not have deleted the message if it was done before you opened it?