Are there any comedy clubs in Sheffield?

Guest Guest

Are there any comedy clubs in Sheffield? Been here a month now, got four months to go, and am desperate for something fun to do. I know there are some Sheffield comedians, as I've seen Roger Monkhouse and Toby Foster at The Comedy Store in London, but do they play locally?

Thanks

I'm not aware of any dedicated comedy clubs here, though I bet someone proves me wrong and says there's loads! University nights don't seem to be short of comedians, though I think you sometimes need to be in student company to get in.

Guest Guest

There are two main comedy clubs in Sheffield.

One is at Hillsboro' and the other at Bramall Lane.

Both overpriced nowadays, but if you go with the right attitude, there's still lots of laughs there.

A "Guest" accidentally posted this in a different area...

Hunter's Bar

The Lescar Hotel

Sharrowvale Road

Sheffield

I hear the Lescar has some great stand-ups, not been though...

Guest Guest

Yep, the comedy night they have on at the lescar are brilliant, thoroughly recommended :-)

I run the website for the Last Laugh in Sheffield.

One of the best comedy clubs in ther UK. Just had Ross Noble there and Howard Read Perrier nominee.

Check out http://www.grinreaper.co.uk

Hosted each week by Toby Foster from phoenix nights.

Craig

Craig - Can U get me a group rate/entry there - never had any success myself but if you could pull some strings for me???

Originally posted by Guest

Are there any comedy clubs in Sheffield? Been here a month now, got four months to go, and am desperate for something fun to do. I know there are some Sheffield comedians, as I've seen Roger Monkhouse and Toby Foster at The Comedy Store in London, but do they play locally?

Thanks

We are all comedians here !!!

Originally posted by halevan

We are all comedians here !!!

well thats what we like to think! i often LOL at my own wit and wisdom, only to find me re-telling the post to my mates and not receiving the same reaction.... but they aren't forum clan so what do they know!!!

There's the weekend shows at the Roundhouse - four comedians every week, plus a late bar until 1am, and food if you wish to order as well. Tickets cost £15, and are available from Forever Changes record shop on Hickmott Street, Hunters Bar, or Jacks Records on Division Street. They're also available from Ponds Forge reception or you can pay on the door on the night

Check out the new night on the last Friday of the month at The Park on Wadsley Lane. Great acts and a very friendly crowd. Info here

The Funhouse Comedy Night is now on the last Friday of the month at The Hillsborough Club. Info on the website. Am not allowed to put a link here, so just google Funhouse Comedy and click on Sheffield.