Red lights in the sky, city centre area?

Just looking from north area of sheffield and can see lots of red lights which seem to be in the city centre, some are high up, just wondering what they were as I’ve not seen them before?

It does make sense, just seems like there is a lot of them, but there is a lot of work going on in central sheffield,

There are 3 at the new HSBC building by the top of the moor, and about another 7 around top of Rockingham Street, and Hollis Croft & Garden Street working on 2-3 projects.

If you're in the north, you can probably see the one in Kelham Island/Shalesmoore too

Deffanltly crains I see around 10 lit up most nights ..over the last 20 years they moved about don't think I gone more than 6 weeks without any

The warning lights on the cranes working on Charter Row.

It's wierd because as you come down East Bank Road the lights look as though they are much higher in the sky than they really are. They appear above the hills in the background and in the dark you cannot see the framework of the cranes.

Good though.