What tradesman do I need for fixing a terrace passageway ceiling

The ceiling of the passageway between terrace houses in Hillsborough is cracking and crumbling in parts with a few holes. What kind of tradesman do I need to sort this?

Plasterer I guess.

Seen them plaster boarded & skimmed, but open to better advice.

Mine is boarded plastered but i've been told it shouldn't be as plaster is not meant for external use.

I stuck solid king span insulation on my parents house passageway ceiling, sealed the gaps and covered it with exterior plywood sheeting so a builder/handyman should be able to sort it...

Mine is boarded plastered but i've been told it shouldn't be as plaster is not meant for external use.

No it shouldnt be plastered you need a joiner take down shiplap

You'd be better using exterior grade render board with a finish of sprayed cork (waterproof, fire resistant with other thermal properties) or if you wanted to keep costs down just board with render boards and paint.

Plaster and plasterboard externally will deteriorate over a few years.

Or treated sheet timber as spider has suggested.

The ceiling of the passageway between terrace houses in Hillsborough is cracking and crumbling in parts with a few holes. What kind of tradesman do I need to sort this?

There you have it Mac Plas would sort it / You could pull it down your self and then paint it to save money give him a bell he will know all pitfalls regarding

fire hazard regs etc

Thanks for the responses. Looks like I have a solution.

I stuck solid king span insulation on my parents house passageway ceiling, sealed the gaps and covered it with exterior plywood sheeting so a builder/handyman should be able to sort it...

Love the insulation idea. Pretty sure this is the easiest solution. I imagine waterproof render board may last longer but it may not be worth the extra and will be nonowhere near as warm even with the sprayed cork insulation. I would definitely kingspan aswell as render board.

Love the insulation idea. Pretty sure this is the easiest solution. I imagine waterproof render board may last longer but it may not be worth the extra and will be nonowhere near as warm even with the sprayed cork insulation. I would definitely kingspan aswell as render board.

My parents bathroom doesn't feel as cold since I did it so insulation definitely helps...