Removing chimney breasts

Can anyone tell me what the new regulations are re removing a chimney breast ,all the other replies are very out of date . Thanks

The entire thing top to bottom?

You're certain you want it done, fire places and stoves are very popular these days and a big positive should you come to sell.

cheaper to put a new liner in for a woodburning stove. otherwise you need lintels in to support above unless its all coming out, not cheap.

The house is tiny ,it will make a big difference to the size of the living room and bedroom. The rooms are also a very weird shape .Taking the breasts out will make a big difference . We know we will need RSJs . I was just wanting to know how complicated it is re building regs etc.

The house is tiny ,it will make a big difference to the size of the living room and bedroom. The rooms are also a very weird shape .Taking the breasts out will make a big difference . We know we will need RSJs . I was just wanting to know how complicated it is re building regs etc.

You will need building regs compliance, so you can either get a builder to handle the lot, including submissions to the council and completion certificate, or get a building architect/engineer to submit some plans for you, and you handle some of the dealings with the council.

That's assuming you aren't ripping the whole stack out, and will be fitting some supports.

If the whole stack is coming out, and making good the roof, then I'm not sure what building regs apply. Best to ring the relevant council department for advice in that case.

Thank you for your replies I will pass this on .