Yorkshireman Rock Bar - Cross Burgess Street

Has this re-opened yet ? Went the other Saturday only to find it closed -was told by someone in The Church House pub that there was licensing issues and it was due to reopen following weekend (4th Aug)

Was open last weekend when I was in.

Perhaps the Church House might be spreading little fibs to try to steal custom....

I've just been informed that it is open but only on Fridays/Saturdays

Is it still open until 6am?

When they took over from the Lions Lair they inherited the late license, giving it the slightly surreal distinction of being one of the few bars in the UK you could listen to mid 80s rock at 5am on a Sunday morning..

I've just been informed that it is open but only on Fridays/Saturdays

Can understand that went a couple of times in the week and it was really quiet although in fairness away from student pubs and cheap food weatherspoons type outlets not many places are busy sun-thursday these days.

Hope it survives has a cracking juke box!

The only day its NOT open is Sunday. At weekends its open till 4.30am.

In fact I have only just got home after leaving there :headbang::headbang::headbang:

We went the other Saturday mid to late afternoon and it was open - a good atmosphere, plenty of punters, a DJ in the afternoon then Les (the Legend) came on to DJ from early evening when it got very full, we then moved on to the Church House around 10 pm for the usual Saturday night Classic Rock cover band -who were very good -so all in all it was a good night. Soooo glad our usual Saturday Rock nights in Sheffield have returned to normal.

Predictable question, any decent beer?

I can promise you, the beer in the Yorkshireman is good. Always kept at the correct cellar temperature, and the lines are cleaned regularly :thumbsup:

And while I think about it, Resurrection are playing there this Friday at 9ish, followed by DJ Lez :headbang:

Usual weekend line up if no band :

Friday 8-2am - DJ Lez

Sat 4-8pm - DJ Ken

8-2am - DJ Lez

2-4.30am - DJ Muzz

Edited by Ghostrider

If you're idea of good is hobgoblin, trooper and doom bar, then yes. It isn't mine. Which is a shame, as I quite like the pub