Getting Parked at Crystal Peaks

I don't know about you but I usually find issues getting parked at Crystal Peaks.

Driving round in circles is quite often what I have to do. Sometimes having to park in the housing estates close by. Why is it so badly designed?

Has anybody else had issues? I'd love to hear from you if you have :-)

Go on the top shelf, usually space up there.

I don't know about you but I usually find issues getting parked at Crystal Peaks.

Driving round in circles is quite often what I have to do. Sometimes having to park in the housing estates close by. Why is it so badly designed?

Yes!! I always have this problem when visiting Crystal Peaks.

I'm glad it's not just me that has noticed.

I went a couple of weeks ago on a Tuesday lunchtime and I couldn't even find a space then. It must be bad on a Saturday afternoon.

It puts me off going now.

Never have any issue to mention. Occasionally i might spend 5 minutes near Sainsburys parking but not often.

Obviously lunch times are peak times - although why anyone unemployed or retired would choose to visit during the busy times is beyond me tbh.

Edited by willman

Is it "badly designed" or is it just busy??

Its like a lot of places. They get full. Places cant always magic space out of thin air.

I would agree with the other poster that one of the more least used car parks is the upper sainsburys one. Other than that, its just going to be a case of being patient.

I always go on a weekday late in the afternoon. Never a problem.

It is a nightmare ... they have added and added units and extra retail parks to such a degree that the infrastructure is not up to the job now.

Access to Crystal Peaks is is a nightmare, the arterial roads around the area are gridlocked, not being up to the amount of traffic now visiting.

It was orginally planned that Moss Way was going to be a dual carriage way, thats why there are the big verges either side ... maybe its time that Crystal Peaks funded the widening of the roads?

With it getting busy with most places would be a fair point but the issue is that they never consider adding more capacity when adding more shops. A bit of forward thinking goes far in my opinion.

I went to Meadowhall today and they are spending £60 million making the place look nice inside. £60 MILLION. I imagine they could make a double decker car park in Crystal Peals and make the whole place more accessible with just £2 million.

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 14:05 ----------

It is a nightmare ... they have added and added units and extra retail parks to such a degree that the infrastructure is not up to the job now.

Access to Crystal Peaks is is a nightmare, the arterial roads around the area are gridlocked, not being up to the amount of traffic now visiting.

It was orginally planned that Moss Way was going to be a dual carriage way, thats why there are the big verges either side ... maybe its time that Crystal Peaks funded the widening of the roads?

And the whole Asda and Aldi areas compound the problem more so.

Best solution - go to Meadowhall instead. Far better :)

Or the new developments that now surround the original Peaks should pay - or a tax on people selling homes nearby as apparently retail developments add value to your property.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/19/the-aldi-effect-local-store-adds-5000-to-the-value-of-your-home/

As an addition i've just visited between my 1.30 posts and now - straight in choice of spaces.

I went yesterday and for the first time, I found a space next to one of the main entrances someone was just coming out of. I usually have to park in parent and baby, as my 2 year old likes to push the door open, but even these seemed to be all taken. I also had my partners nan wit me who struggles to get out of the car. This was around 2pm, and was packed at that time.