Gilders at Woodseats gone?

Does anyone know what is happening with the Gilders Honda showroom at Woodseats? I drove by earlier to see all the cars inside and outside have gone. It all looks closed down. No notices in the windows saying they've moved. Anyone know anything?

Probably because they have such morons for staff. I currently have 2 cars bought from guilder, and the last time I went in (3-4 weeks ago) to attend my test drive (which was pre booked 2 weeks ago) for the new civic, I was refused and told I had messed them about.

Apparantly had a test drive booked in for an accord in April which I didn't show up for, when I had just bought the crv from them in December at the rotherham branch. I said why would I do that less than 4 months after buying a car from them, he went on to say he rang numerous times and called me a time waster. I'll be taking business else where in future.

The one at Banner Cross has also closed again, only reopened a few months ago

Say if this is the case, and guilder have closed.. what about the years Warrenty/guarentee on my car?

sounds like another companys closed,and as its just past end of month they could of gone into liquidation.poor staff may have lost jobs

I have been told by a neighbour that they have moved to Archer road, to the car place at the Bottom of hutcliffe road which they also already owned.

Apparently they are upset about the Woodseats Library/GP/Pharmacy which is nearing completion next door with completely inadequate parking.

The parking chaos that that place will cause on nearby streets with its 40+ staff, patients and other visitors would have a significant detriment to their ability to move cars around nearby streets to manage their stock.

I'm personally glad to see them go and I hope the site is redeveloped as apartments or houses with their own parking.

Perhaps the SCC could buy the site and use it for parking? Something that Woodseats badly needs.

make a great drive through burger or chicken hotfood restaurant or as you say a nice block of flats ,but then theres a parking issue,dont be surprised if its taken by a big pub/food company

I have been told by a neighbour that they have moved to Archer road, to the car place at the Bottom of hutcliffe road which they also already owned.

The car dealership on Archer Road isn't Gilder, it's Stoneacre.

I think the only other place Gilder have in Sheffield is at Banner Cross - it was closed for years after the VW dealership franchise they used to have moved to Woodseats but recently reopened as a premium car dealership. Perhaps they have moved it there?

The car dealership on Archer Road isn't Gilder, it's Stoneacre.

I was led to believe that it was owned by Gilders as a kind of budget brand.

I went in last week and they told me they were moving to the place on Archer Rd, more space apparently.

If it's the old Lookers place I don't think the garage facilities are as big as Woodseats?

Edited by andrejuan

Isn't that Gilders at Meadowhead?