Mess left at Base Green after grass cutting

Just reading complaint in The Star about the mess left at Base Green after grass cutting.Got to say that I agree.

The grass cutters do a very rough and ready job.In our area they fail to overlap the cuts leaving uncut lines and no effort is made to collect or disperse the cuttings.

Around half of the residents on our road cut their own,but those who rely on the grass cutting teams look a mess before and after cutting.

I suppose they are under pressure to cover a big area every day.

They should be worrying about real problems, such a litter, at least grass cuttings are bio-degradable. I can't believe that three people are seriously posing like this in the paper. What also, does it say about the Star, when there is an issue of safety in tower blocks to be considered?

Edited by Glennis

They never clear up the cut grass afterwards unless you count a bloke walking behind with a blower blowing the foot long grass into the gutter or pavement. As these people have mentioned it block the drains! I cut the grass verge outside my house. pretty pointless after the council come round and it looks like a bail of straw has been dumped and scattered across the area.

So I agree with these people who reported it to the The Star, good on em having some pride in the area they live

Contracts are paid for the job to be done properly.

Officers are paid to ensure that contracts are done properly.

People seem to be able to do what they want without sanction.

:hihi:

He's kneeling on the grass verge in white trousers! :o

So... obviously Base Green does not have a dog poo problem! :gag:

Guest makapaka
They never clear up the cut grass afterwards unless you count a bloke walking behind with a blower blowing the foot long grass into the gutter or pavement. As these people have mentioned it block the drains! I cut the grass verge outside my house. pretty pointless after the council come round and it looks like a bail of straw has been dumped and scattered across the area.

So I agree with these people who reported it to the The Star, good on em having some pride in the area they live

Couldnt they just sweep it up?

I couldn't help but cringe when I read this article, with instant mental images of the finger wavers shouting "I pay your wages with my council tax".

Of course the truth of the matter being that Sheffield City Council have lost in excess of 450 million pounds from its budget since the Tories began to control our country in 2010. How many of these finger pointers voted who are sanctioning the cuts into power?

The parks & gardens department of SCC used to have many a highly skilled worker however these days they have a skeleton staffed team of several guys on ride on mowers and a few subcontract staff from local farms to trim hedges etc. These guys do well to get around and cut grass through the majority of a very big city, never mind picking the cuttings up as well.

They were useless before the Tory cutbacks

If the finger pointers did less finger pointing and get out a brush and shovel they'd be no mess:hihi:

I couldn't help but cringe when I read this article, with instant mental images of the finger wavers shouting "I pay your wages with my council tax".

Of course the truth of the matter being that Sheffield City Council have lost in excess of 450 million pounds from its budget since the Tories began to control our country in 2010. How many of these finger pointers voted who are sanctioning the cuts into power?

The parks & gardens department of SCC used to have many a highly skilled worker however these days they have a skeleton staffed team of several guys on ride on mowers and a few subcontract staff from local farms to trim hedges etc. These guys do well to get around and cut grass through the majority of a very big city, never mind picking the cuttings up as well.

Rubbish.

Amey have the contract for which they are well paid. They have acknowledged that the work was not done properly.