"Thank You" from The Runaway Girl

Im interested to know when Its on as well. I have a massive crush on GR!!

so do i! I am a little embarrassed to say as he is 16 years older than me! But there is just something about him! ;)

glad to see the back of it

why? making a post like that with no reasoning or personal evidence totally negates any value the post may otherwise have had. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't book a meal at any venue that cancels gigs & promotions without telling either the customers or the promoters.

If they feel like selling your table to a higher bidder they probably would & you would go hungry!?!

well, after gordon ramsey came up and the business changed from a bar with live music and tapas to a restaurant, obviously they will have had to suddenly drop previously booked acts. is this what you're referring to? sudden cancellations and the lack of organisation around initiating these really upset people, i realise this, but everyone running a business makes mistakes and the wise ones learn from them. i think justin and donna have been very brave going on kitchen nightmares and i'm certain that gordon will have homed in on any area of weakness. it's a myth to think that you have to walk all over people on your way up in order to make money. what you actually need to do is give people a good service (or product) and treat everybody involved in your business with respect. it's not something that flies magically out of thin air though, like anything else, it's a steep learning curve.

Gordon Ramsey does the exact same thing with every business. New name, new menu, new interior.

He generally makes a mess of things and then does one.

would you post some evidence to substantiate that allegation, which could actually be construed as libellous? you're questioning a man's integrity and reputation here; this is a public forum, remember. from what i've see the opposite is true, he works blooming hard to turn failing businesses around and i admire him for that aspect of his work.

I hope this works out for you. RUnning a business is so difficult and you deserver to succeed. It's a shame things weren't working out the way they were.

i agree with you there, though, noize ;)

I guess that with Donna still there, a lot of the old Runaway Girl atmosphere, as well as drink menu remains, and I must personlly thank Donna and all the others for such an enjoyable couple of years,

hi tyranna :wave: yes, donna is a really beautiful person, both inside and out, i have an enormous amount of respect for her, and justin is a very old mate whom both my girls adored when they were tots, so between them i'm rooting for them all the way.

anyway, as i said on the silversmiths thread, who is up for my idea of having a town centre pub screen the RG kitchen nightmares when it's first aired on tv, and a load of us all going along to watch it together? hopefully donna and justin could take an hour off to join us and we can all have a right laugh. oh and i'll film the gladiatorial atmosphere, wink, and put it on youtube. a few people have already said they're interested. i'm thinking of doing this independently of the RG as they've got a restaurant to run! and my new book will be on sale by then as well, hopefully racing up the amazon charts, so i'll be signing copies before the show is screened in the pub, which you can either keep or immediately sell on ebay :hihi:

menu looks a little overpriced!!

£15 for a RUMP steak...i'd expect at LEAST a sirloin and probably a T-Bone for that amount...no rump is worth £15...also, i think £6.50 starters is very expensive...

It's all good saying you need the right attitude to succeed but you also need the right prices for the right area. It's situated next to a University and student pub...i think it's totally missed its market!

Shame about the ending of live music/cabaret events, but I really enjoyed performing at the Runaway Girl on several occasions, and although the name and function of the place has changed, I guess that with Donna still there, a lot of the old Runaway Girl atmosphere, as well as drink menu remains, and I must personlly thank Donna and all the others for such an enjoyable couple of years, and best wishes for success in their new venture! I already have in mind a possible group booking which I might arrange for a dinner around Xmas, but I will have to start getting the friends I have in mind interested first...:love:

Oooh Tyranna sounds intriguing - a bash for your friends ahem ! nudge nudge wink wink !

And to the guy who said Runaway Girl probably doesnt need me then - I DID buy booze in there was well what do you take me for ?? Tho the bottled beers were expensive I still liked the atmosphere - sad that that swearing expletive big headed **** Ramsey comes to Sheffield and knocks out one good music venue in one visit - hope he stays away for a while from now on .. next thing the Carling Acadamy will be one giant Gastronomic Emporium - I am sorry but human beings are mor than eating machines - some of us are human and some of us have artistic souls !

I think they've missed a chance with the name change; they should have altered it to "The Runaway Grill". Not only would it have maintained continuity and brand recognition, it would have confused the hell out of their dylsexic customers!

LOL Have done with it and rename it the "Subway Hurl"

fare ****s to you justin, hope the family is well

Paul

Hi Donna and Justin

Congratulations on the re-launch, I really hope all goes well for you, you can count on my support.

Chris (ex-hardcard geezer)

We went on Sat night and had a great evening.

Really smart interior and calm atmosphere.

Friendly helpful staff although we did keep getting asked "is everything alright"? which can be a little annoying.

If something wasnt right we would tell you!

Great cocktails , can recommend watermelon martini (needs a bigger measure for £ 6 though!).

Starters were delicious , between us we had garlic sauteed prawns , pate and salt beef.

Mains pretty good too , sausages & mash were excellent and the salmon was a massive fillet which my wife struggled to finish.

Only two puds sampled, pear tatin was very nice (although came with a miniscule dollop of cream) but thought chocolate fondue was a bit cheeky for £ 4.50 - only came with marshmallows , some fresh strawberries etc would have been nicer.

Had a bottle of house red and white at £ 12 each which were very good and great value.

Total £ 120 inc tip for 4 which is not bad value.

2 bad points , we asked for 4 waters which never materialised , better to just give a jug of water when people arrive in my opinion.

We forgot to ask again and by the time we remembered the meal was nearly over so we just left it.

Also mains didnt come with any vegetables , now it cant cost much to give a bowl of fresh seasonal veggies and it can really make a difference.

Only very minor niggles though.

Will definitely go back.

Much better than a recent (more expensive) meal in Artisan which has really gone downhill in terms of food and service...

Richard smith needs to concentrate on what is going on in his main business rather than empire building...

Heh, I remember we (7BT) played quite a few gigs down there last year, sad to see the live events fall to the waistside. Good luck with your culinary direction. For the record The Runaway Girl always looked after us food wise, cheers for that guys.