Private number plates

Still see MYC1L knocking about - you'd have thought of interest to whichever firm makes it - but my favourite is still W9 GUM...

I've seen many variations but they all spell the same thing.

I bought a new car and changed my name by deed poll to the reg of the car. It only cost £14. Cheaper than buying a cherished plate! :)

I've seen many variations but they all spell the same thing.

Too true. Saw BO55 GAV last night, he'll be tickled pink he's being talked about. :)

I saw a nice old ferrari 348 last week with the number plate 348 FER

not a fan of these personally, especially the ones such as HK51 RDA - where RDA are the individuals initials, especially where they've got it attached to a much newer car than the registration seems to imply... just makes their pride & joy look older than it really is

Having said that I did see a couple recently that I thought were better than the normal run of the mill rubbish...

W4WAW (can't recall the car) - coincidently spotted near the Wednesday ground a couple of Sundays ago

and JU57 FUN on a brand new mini

The idea though is that the plate becomes obviously a personalised plate as it is obviously too old to be a normal plate for that car..... When I originally got mine (Y6 ***) it was on a 2001 VW Polo so wasn't necessarily a personal reg.... It's now on a car that is easily recognised as a design of car that is at least ten years newer than the plate is etc...... The value of mine has also risen somewhat... from the £500 when purchased from the DVLA to around £1800 currently. (Numerous valuations)

I've also seen the W4WAW or WAW4W plate around Chapeltown..... Not sure if it was a taxi.

Best one I've seen recently was on a brand new Mustang..... MU57ANG.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Saw one near Drakehouse the other day STON 3D - now if ever a reg was going to get you pulled by the police???

Might have posted this before, I can't remember so here goes.

MRP 1G, on the plate as MR P1G. On Tinsley viaduct.

Angel1.

its quite I while since I've seen him, but Pete Gill one time motorhead drummer had an xr3 reg. number ykwit

---------- Post added 17-10-2017 at 21:04 ----------

Might have posted this before, I can't remember so here goes.

MRP 1G, on the plate as MR P1G. On Tinsley viaduct.

Angel1.

copper or reliant owner?