The best Gluten free places in sheffield!

Try blue moon cafe next to the cathedral, eten on the opposite side, theres a new place thats just opened on Ecclesall road it was in the star a mother and daughter opened it, possibly airy fairy on London road

I am coeliac and also intolerant to lactose, Palm oil, Soya, Hydroxpropol Methyl cellulose (E484) which is in all commercially made gluten free breads and cakes.

I found when I was first trying to manage my diet that there are places that are gluten free but I still couldn't eat there because of the contamination with Soya, Lactose or Palm oil. Even the gluten free chip shops cook using palm or soybean oil so its no use.

I know that others suffer with this problem and I am currently in the process of setting up my own cake and cookie business having spent years working on recipes that work and taste good even to people that are not on special diets.

I hope at some point to be able to open a café as I also make a wide range of food, a flat bread that can be filled with anything and is delicious, pizzas and pancakes.

If anyone is interested in my cakes that I will be launching for sale very soon please inbox me and as soon as my website goes live and I start trading I will be in touch with more information on how to buy.

Happy Free from Eating

Faye's Fantastic Free From

Edited by fayzastar
typo

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a chippy that does a good gluten free fish and chips?

Sheffield 8 area but don't mind driving a short distance.

Thanks.

There was one on hickmott rd S11... it lasted a matter of weeks.. Just re-opened as a Greek gyros joint fwiw

Guest sibon
Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a chippy that does a good gluten free fish and chips?

Sheffield 8 area but don't mind driving a short distance.

Thanks.

The chip shop at the top of Banner Cross does gf fish and chips. Whitby's at Catcliffe also.

I like Whitby's personally

Beat me to it, I was going to suggest Whitby's. Bit of a drive, but well worth it.

Chesters, but it is in Chesterfield....worth travelling to, take a thermal bag....

Thanks for replays guys, spotted Whitby on Sunday on a trip to jtf.

Think we will give it a try, eat in or takeaway? Lol

Thanks for replays guys, spotted Whitby on Sunday on a trip to jtf.

Think we will give it a try, eat in or takeaway? Lol

Go for eat-in, then you can have a proper pot of tea to go along with your fish ans chips.:)

Hi,

Planning a pub crawl, but VERY sadly I have recently discovered that I have a gluten intolerance. :mad:

Thus I ask: does anyone know of any pubs that regularly stock gluten free ales/lagers (keg, cask or bottles)?

Many thanks,

Chris

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 04:51 ----------

.... Also, suggestions for fish and chip places will be greatly appreciated!

The Blake Hotel in Walkley stocks Wold Top gluten free beers.