Bottom Red Lion, Grenoside

Does anyone know what's happening with the Red Lion at Grenoside?

Generally, or last night in particular ? I believe it is closed while new licensees are found. Last night people attending this -

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1523908

were advised to park at either Cross House Lane or the bottom red lion to avoid getting caught drink driving after the wake (aptly named "Gusfest") at Lane Head Farm. I think the invites to the wake said something like "Come and get <removed> to show your respect". Which just about sums it up.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Generally I meant. We have Xmas dinner booked there.

Generally I meant. We have Xmas dinner booked there.

I've heard the man at the Pheasant in Oughtibridge may be taking it, if that's so then you will have a great Xmas dinner.

That's if you are talking of the bottom Red Lion.

Yes its the bottom red lion, we've been phoning and sent emails, no replies. Just hope someone takes over and honours the bookings, finding it hard to find somewhere else at this time of year.

I've been past this evening, the doors were open and the tap room lights on so I presume it's reopened.

Yes I heard someone has taken it on temporarily which doesn't sound very good in the long run