New Ale House - The Itchy Pig, Broomhill

Now has a couple of 'boxed' ciders too, Lilley's Strawberry Cider and Cornish Orchard. Not sure if the 'Scrumpy corner' will be a permanent addition or not.

Popped in for a quick half or two last night. Was pleasantly surprised - around 4 or 5 beers on draft, including some local ones (Abbeydale brewery, I think ) as well as the ones from Kent. Really friendly bar staff and loved the unique design of the bar surface itself which must have taken them absolutely ages - go and have a look to find out more!

Really hope this place does well.

Abbeydale Brewery!:gag: The Rising Sun at Fulwood - lots and lots of Abbeydale Beers there if you like that sort of thing...all about 4.5%. If you like one, you'll love 'em all.

---------- Post added 06-05-2017 at 07:41 ----------

It now has 14 ales/ciders on draught. 5 cask lines, 8 keg lines, and one lager.

On Tuesday it had Abbeydale's 4 degrees of Seperation, Magic Rock Salty Kiss and Tiny Rebel Stay Puft on Keg, also had Exit 33/Itchy Pig collab Sty PA on cask, amongst others.

Also has cans of Magic Rock and Abbeydale stuff too.

I've got cans of Magic Rock at home. You can get them in Majestic now - they have a very good range. I go out to drink cask beer mainly, not stuff out of bottles or tins that I can drink at home.

Went in last night. Great service and a good atmosphere. The beer selection was first rate - and it changes on a regular basis so there's always something new to try. Nice vibe, some Whitworth cartoons on the wall, and some local beer. What's not to like?

Went in last night. Great service and a good atmosphere. The beer selection was first rate - and it changes on a regular basis so there's always something new to try. Nice vibe, some Whitworth cartoons on the wall, and some local beer. What's not to like?

I would normally agree with you. I do quite like the place. However, I thought the beer range on Saturday was a bit woeful. But then I had just been spoilt in the Hallamshire, so maybe it was just me.

I finally managed to visit here the other night. I really liked it and will visit again.

It's to do with pork scratchings apparently.

It's a horrible name!

Now has a couple of 'boxed' ciders too, Lilley's Strawberry Cider and Cornish Orchard. Not sure if the 'Scrumpy corner' will be a permanent addition or not.

Is the Lilley's Strawberry Cider a permanent feature?

It's to do with pork scratching's apparently.

This is what he said

7. What made you choose the name The Itchy Pig – where did the idea come from ?

It all came from my love of pork scratching's. I was originally going to call it “The Pork Scratching” until I was sitting with my dad having a beer and we came up with “The Itchy Pig”!

Go in regularly. Brilliant atmosphere and friendly staff. Try the Curious Brew. Best beer Ive tasted, and I have been drinking 44 years !!!

I went for my usual Christmas eve pint with my brother who lives abroad and we go for a drink once a year.

We went to the Tavern as always (easily the best in Broomhill, for me), and had a couple, but loads of loud people in, so popped into the Fox, which was same.

I suggested we try here.

What a great place, beaut pints, great atmosphere. I think I probably looked out of place with the customers as I always wear a baseball cap :hihi:

If I still lived up that end of town, this would be my local.

I'm 'itching' to ask where they got that Singer from on the right when you go in.

It's identical to my Grandmas old one, and it's not a common thing (I don't think). My mum lives up that way and got rid some years ago, but can't remember where to.