Should "on street" parking spaces be delineated ?

Neither of our cars (2006 and 2008) have parking sensors.

Not sure 2006 and 2008 really count as modern, both are 10 years old. We digress.

Are you kidding me? Moderns cars have parking sensors, rear view cameras etc and some even park themselves!

Even entry level (aka "poverty spec") ones?

Even entry level (aka "poverty spec") ones?

Perhaps not. I thought nearly all cars had reversing sensors these days...but as Obelix says they do have power steering!

Not sure 2006 and 2008 really count as modern, both are 10 years old. We digress.

That`s a real indictment of the consumer society that an 8 year old car isn`t regarded as modern...... I kept my last car 13 years, and it was 3 years old when I bought it ! Let`s be clear, keeping a car for a long time isn`t just by far the cheapest way to run a car, it`s also environmentally the best.

---------- Post added 03-03-2017 at 13:29 ----------

Perhaps not. I thought nearly all cars had reversing sensors these days...but as Obelix says they do have power steering!

Both have power steering, and air con actually.

Suggestion:

Let one car per house be parked free-of-charge on the road outside it.

More than one: pay a fee or have it towed away.

Suggestion:

Let one car per house be parked free-of-charge on the road outside it.

More than one: pay a fee or have it towed away.

That`s a huge and very controversial subject, whether the street outside your house should be your own when it comes to parking. Fortunately it`s not something I usually have to worry about......

That`s a real indictment of the consumer society that an 8 year old car isn`t regarded as modern...... I kept my last car 13 years, and it was 3 years old when I bought it ! Let`s be clear, keeping a car for a long time isn`t just by far the cheapest way to run a car, it`s also environmentally the best.

Aww come on Justin, huge difference between 'modern' and perfectly fine. I wasn't even trying to go into an environmental argument with you.

Aww come on Justin, huge difference between 'modern' and perfectly fine. I wasn't even trying to go into an environmental argument with you.

Fair enough. The first car I can remember my Dad buying was a Vauxhall Victor, I regard all cars made since then as new !

I noticed the parking bay was not full yesterday or today.

I noticed the parking bay was not full yesterday or today.

Which parking bay are you referring to ? If you mean the one outside my shop, that`s rarely full because it`s pay and display so people just park on the residential back streets. That`s not the parking bay I`m referring to. Ironically, I don`t park there, I park the other side of the tram gates and walk the last half a mile into work. If I need the car at work that day I just go and pick it up, or drive it all the way in (if I know in advance). It keeps me a bit fitter and saves me time queueing all round Hillsborough park and along Penistone Rd, going into work, and then home again.

My mistake I thought it was the one near your shop you were referring to.

Just out of interest what type of shop was yours previously ?

I recall a sweet shop and music shop in the block but that was when the Pheonix cinema was where Maplins is now.

My mistake I thought it was the one near your shop you were referring to.

Just out of interest what type of shop was yours previously ?

I recall a sweet shop and music shop in the block but that was when the Pheonix cinema was where Maplins is now.

It was a ladies gym prior to my buying it in 1996. That terrace was originally built in 1901 as officers quarters for the barracks opposite.

---------- Post added 04-03-2017 at 12:12 ----------

Justin!

The council have listened and have planned these bays for your street:

Audi | Audi | Audi | Audi | Audi | Audi | Audi

------------------------------------------------------------

Audi | Audi | Motorcycles | Audi | Audi | Audi

................... JUSTIN'S HOUSE ...................

I don`t have anything against motorbikes, particularly as I`m an ex biker. They take up less road space, use less fuel, theoretically would emit less pollution (unless modified.....) and only very rarely kill (other) people. No, I like motorbikes, that`s quiet motorbikes obviously. Noisy bikes, that`s a completely different ball game, selfish gits.