Sheffield Forum

Dog mess on Colley Park

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

06-06-2017, 10:23   #21
bassett one

Total Posts: 2,344
as chair of friends of greenhill park,after lots of complaints about 2 years ago we had a council official who even we did not know or that he was coming visit,he spent many hours and didn't find one person committing a offence,it was upsetting and I agree its awfull and needs sorting in Sheffield,we have to pay a man to clear this mess up every year before the festival,the quicker they get dog wardens the better thanks.
_______
stalls urgently wanted
the horse show/re-enactment july 29th 12noon-5pm
book via hello@littlewolfevents.co.uk
don't miss our solstice event at meadowhead sat june 23rd 5pm-10pm
06-06-2017, 16:04   #22
spilldig

Total Posts: 3,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassett one View Post
I agree its awfull but you don't have to go as far as that do you,its the council that needs to sort it a few big fines all over this city and I think that would do the trick.
All it needs is an act passing at Westminster to reinstate the dog license. Wardens could then be recruited and any money made from fines could be used to keep the license fee down as much as possible.
06-06-2017, 16:42   #23
Daisydoo!

Total Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassett one View Post
as chair of friends of greenhill park,after lots of complaints about 2 years ago we had a council official who even we did not know or that he was coming visit,he spent many hours and didn't find one person committing a offence,it was upsetting and I agree its awfull and needs sorting in Sheffield,we have to pay a man to clear this mess up every year before the festival,the quicker they get dog wardens the better thanks.
Well whichever council official attended must have poor eyesight take a walk down by the bowling green it's full of it. I think it's the guys who do the park maintenance that spray the little circle with the dog pooing then a line through it on to the paths saying fines will be issued. People know nothing is done so just ignore them.
Reply To Topic