Sunbathers Trash Devonshire Green & Endcliffe Park

So the sun appears & foli flock to Devonshire Green & Endcliffe Park to enjoy it but then disgrace themselves by leaving all their litter all over the place.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/devonshire-green-trashed-with-mounds-of-rubbish-by-lazy-sheffield-sun-seekers-1-9126697

Part of me says leave it where it is, as then when they come out to enjoy themselves over the weekend, no doubt they'd moan that they have to sit amongst the rubbish they've previously left behind.

Of course what will happen is the council tax payers will have to pick up the bill as usual for the clean up. Ironically, I'd bet good money that those who have left all this rubbish behind are young & the type that usually bang on about saving the environment?

Shower of a***holes the lot.

Edited by Guest

I witnessed the horde yesterday, it made me wonder what the attraction of such a crowded and cramped environment might be.

It looked far from relaxing.

wow, Devonshire Green makes Page Hall look tidy :|

That’s shocking need educating must be low life’s

Parents to blame, I say. Never told their children not to litter, so chucking rubbish on the floor is second nature to them.

Angel1.

It just reflects the falling personal standards in 3rd World Britain.

To be fair, Iv"e been to places where the litter bins have been jam packed and overflowing, could have been the same problem, due to the sudden hot weather, and unexpected crowds.

well they stopped people drinking cider and special brew in the peace gardens

To be fair, Iv"e been to places where the litter bins have been jam packed and overflowing, could have been the same problem, due to the sudden hot weather, and unexpected crowds.

I'm afraid that's not a good enough excuse. You bring the material in, you take it out and dispose of it in a nearby bin, possibly having to walk a bit further, or take it home. All that litter didn't walk in by itself.

Recently I was driving up the A1 and took the A57 slip road for Worksop. The grass verges on both sides were, and probably still are, covered in cans and plastic bottles so the grass is almost covered. That too didn't get there by itself, the majority of it presumably jettisoned from passing vehicles that could have taken it home.

The quantity of this litter is such that we have to assume a large part of the population believes it's quite normal to leave it for someone else to clear up. Worse, many clearly couldn't care a toss if anyone ever cleans it up!

So the sun appears & foli flock to Devonshire Green & Endcliffe Park to enjoy it but then disgrace themselves by leaving all their litter all over the place.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/devonshire-green-trashed-with-mounds-of-rubbish-by-lazy-sheffield-sun-seekers-1-9126697

Part of me says leave it where it is, as then when they come out to enjoy themselves over the weekend, no doubt they'd moan that they have to sit amongst the rubbish they've previously left behind.

Of course what will happen is the council tax payers will have to pick up the bill as usual for the clean up. Ironically, I'd bet good money that those who have left all this rubbish behind are young & the type that usually bang on about saving the environment?[/QUOT long weekend off work ,drinking at the Forum pub this afternoon ,thought to myself every one must be a shift worker like myself and have the same days off or finish early on a friday.

I'm afraid that's not a good enough excuse. You bring the material in, you take it out and dispose of it in a nearby bin, possibly having to walk a bit further, or take it home. All that litter didn't walk in by itself.

Recently I was driving up the A1 and took the A57 slip road for Worksop. The grass verges on both sides were, and probably still are, covered in cans and plastic bottles so the grass is almost covered. That too didn't get there by itself, the majority of it presumably jettisoned from passing vehicles that could have taken it home.

The quantity of this litter is such that we have to assume a large part of the population believes it's quite normal to leave it for someone else to clear up. Worse, many clearly couldn't care a toss if anyone ever cleans it up!

This is quite interesting, I believe Taiwan, Japan and Australia are moving in the direction of taking away public bins as the expectation in society is that you will bring your waste home and dispose of it there. This can be inline with household waste charging schemes and recycling initiatives. It also helps reinforce the message of sustainability and tries to build a sense of responsibility.