Why has there been an ambulance parked on Walkley Lane for days?

It’s on one of the bends towards the bottom just before Ripley Street. Been there since before the weekend and it doesn’t look decommissioned. I assume the drivers don’t take them home and park them outside their gaff all week. I wondered if it was a traffic calming measure as it’s forcing all the traffic coming downhill to slow down as it goes to near enough one lane. Just wondered if anyone knew that was a thing that happened...

You think they have the resources to deploy an ambulance to go and park somewhere for the purposes of traffic calming? :D :D

I can’t think of any other reason. It’s been there before the weekend, so surely it would have been picked up by now if it was broken down? The ‘resource’ has been sat there doing nowt for nearly a week.

there used to be a place around there where old ambulances and other vehicles were sent to die, maybe its related to that

Privately owned,owner driver,nursing home? bet it hasn't got the NHS on it.

Phone Hospital or the police to see if anyone is missing an ambulance?

There is one for sale on eBay for 600 quid!

do you have the link?

It’s on one of the bends towards the bottom just before Ripley Street. Been there since before the weekend and it doesn’t look decommissioned. I assume the drivers don’t take them home and park them outside their gaff all week. I wondered if it was a traffic calming measure as it’s forcing all the traffic coming downhill to slow down as it goes to near enough one lane. Just wondered if anyone knew that was a thing that happened...

Why didn't you contact the Ambulance service and ask the question?

Why didn't you contact the Ambulance service and ask the question?

Because they have more important things to do?

Turns out it’s a private ambulance awaiting recovery. Don’t understand why it’s not been ticketed.