Well it looks as though our old City is about to have another so called quarter .

So to go with China Town ,The Kelham Quarter and the Bohemia area around Sharrow we are about to have Queer Junction .

It appears that this latest Quarter will pop up at Moor Foot near the Man power building. so what is the next area that our Town can declare as a Quarter ????? Perhaps an old Steel workers one or a buffers section around Matilda Street!!! Oh wait a minute that area has already been ear marked for :huh:

Edited by Albert smith

Well it looks as though our old City is about to have another so called quarter .

So to go with China Town ,The Kelham Quarter and the Bohemia area around Sharrow we are about to have Queer Junction .

It appears that this latest Quarter will pop up at Moor Foot near the Man power building. so what is the next area that our Town can declare as a Quarter ????? Perhaps an old Steel workers one or a buffers section around Matilda Street!!! Oh wait a minute that area has already been ear marked for :huh:

Queer Junction is a new bar, not the name of the area.

Queer Junction is a new bar, not the name of the area.

Sorry I thought that a junction was a description of a specific area .

All I can see of the Chinese Quarter is one supermarket and one resteraunt. If that is a quarter the city must be the size of a small village.

Queers Junction is the bar, but they area will be the lgbtq(etc) Quarter, apparently

LOL when i read the title i thought the Junction pub at Woodhus had turned into a gay bar Oo

Not forgetting the 'Cultural Industries Quarter' (student flats) by BBC local radio on Shoreham Street. Oh and the Retail Quarter' which is most of the city centre. Are there any more designated quarters that have been branded as such?

I didn't know Sharrow had a 'bohemian area'. It's always seemed quite a conventional area to me.

LOL when i read the title i thought the Junction pub at Woodhus had turned into a gay bar Oo

I'd settle for that. :)

I'd settle for that. :)

LOL, dunno what its like now, but when i used to frequent it it was mostly old skool, old blokes and late teens / early 20s getting blottoed

LOL, dunno what its like now, but when i used to frequent it it was mostly old skool, old blokes and late teens / early 20s getting blottoed

It is a Nisa shop now not a pub. Look on Google Earth and it shows as the shop. The image date is 4/17 so been closed a while as a pub.

Edited by iansheff

we are about to have Queer Junction...near the Man power building

A bit sexist, that, but maybe move it to the Hind Quarter?

A bit sexist, that, but maybe move it to the Hind Quarter?

Should be person power building now or gender neutral power building..:hihi:

---------- Post added 15-04-2018 at 17:51 ----------

Not forgetting the 'Cultural Industries Quarter' (student flats) by BBC local radio on Shoreham Street. Oh and the Retail Quarter' which is most of the city centre. Are there any more designated quarters that have been branded as such?

I didn't know Sharrow had a 'bohemian area'. It's always seemed quite a conventional area to me.

Surely we can only have four quarters in Sheffield,anymore and we are getting in to fifths and sixes.