At the Sunday morning market

Anybody remember seeing Ronnie Lane at Sheffield poly in the early seventies? Great gig.

What's that got to do with Sunday morning market ?

It was one of his songs about his father. Forgot to mention that. Probably had too many beers when I started the post.

It was one of his songs about his father. Forgot to mention that. �� Probably had too many beers when I started the post.

Ronnie was a poorly managed musical genius, who died way too young and never really received the credit he deserved.RIP . By the way was he solo or with Slim Chance at the poly when you saw him? Don't remember the song you mentioned though,but don't remember lots of things these days . LOL

The title of the song was "debris".

The title of the song was "debris".

You are absolutely right the title is Debris. Just thought Faces/Ronnie fans would remember the line.

---------- Post added 15-04-2018 at 19:41 ----------

Ronnie was a poorly managed musical genius, who died way too young and never really received the credit he deserved.RIP . By the way was he solo or with Slim Chance at the poly when you saw him? Don't remember the song you mentioned though,but don't remember lots of things these days . LOL

Can't remember Slim Chance but sometimes I can't remember yesterday, never mind 40 odd years ago. ?

I saw him a number of times at the Uni and Poly. Always great live, and all the other ex Small Faces were too. They seemed to have great affection for Sheffield.