Camera connection

This might sound like a basic problem to some, but can you connect a camera to any computer and transfer your photos ?

Depends on the camera to be honest and the computer. Usually it's easier to get a USB card reader and use that :)

The computer should just see the camera as another drive?

The computer should just see the camera as another drive?

Assuming both camera and pc have compatible ports....

Most cameras have some kind of mini USB port, but from experience its not the usual port you get on your phone.

Its usually the second or fourth in this picture (third being a typical Android phone connector)

http://download.fujifilm.co.jp/faq/digitalcamera/images/19469-9.jpg

Like others have said, a USB card reader is simpler.

Most cameras have some kind of mini USB port, but from experience its not the usual port you get on your phone.

Its usually the second or fourth in this picture (third being a typical Android phone connector)

http://download.fujifilm.co.jp/faq/digitalcamera/images/19469-9.jpg

Like others have said, a USB card reader is simpler.

I just have a suitable usb cable hanging out of the PC and connect the camera up when I want to download..no messing with removing the memory card and putting it back in.

It's a samsung camera belonging to a relative, I have the lead but my pc is down so wanted to load them onto her laptop for her, just wondered if you needed to install a program etc

It's a samsung camera belonging to a relative, I have the lead but my pc is down so wanted to load them onto her laptop for her, just wondered if you needed to install a program etc

plug the camera in..the laptop may sort out the drivers for it..I reckon the lappy will then see it as an external drive.

plug the camera in..the laptop may sort out the drivers for it..I reckon the lappy will then see it as an external drive.

Thanks for your advice

Laptop might have a built-in card reader anyway, quite a few do.